Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can all get over Sky bigging up West Ham last night. I don't like it but, begrudgingly will concede, there's some argument for doing that to make it interesting for the neutral. It's the inconsistency of their never doing the same for other teams on top (United, Liverpool and recently Arsenal being prime examples) that grates.

That said, it's a small complaint compared to Neville cheerleading for bookings for City players. He did it last night for fouls by Dias and (particularly) Walker that were blatantly never cardable offences.
He's trying to set a narrative in the hope that City eventually receive suspensions. It's nasty and contemptible.
Play down the positive and accentuate the negative, it’s the mantra when it comes to Ickle Citeh aka public enemy no1 fc

Just wait if Erling doesn't break Dixie Dean's scoring record, I can guarantee there will be a couple of absolute bellends in the press who will say he's failed then, together with hordes of the red shirts

Called skys comms team out last night on the match thread.

They are in the privileged position of being on the mike as records are broken and history made, a position that lots of aspiring commentators would long to be in to advertise their flair at reporting whats unfolding in front of them.

Sky however, install this pair of bitter fckwits as guardians of the old rag glory memories, and true to their brief they announce the on pitch proceedings it as if it were bad news, no passion, no excitement and no audible joy.

You would think that it was in skys interest to make their televised games sound more exciting, but instead they purposely try to put a dampener on our games.

These fckers truly ache for the return of the "good old days" when the rags 659 gazillion armchairers tuned in to watch them heroically beat a relegation bound side who field a weakened team as they know there is no point in doing anything else at the old toilet with webb and co overseeing proceedings.

I dont want City to get the fawning the rags get or anything like that, just fair and reactionary commentary on the game and whats happening.

I get the feeling though that sky, like tyler and the red cronies they employ, are becoming dinosaurs left over from a previous and inferior age. Desperately trying to turn the clock back and stem the tide of our success in any way they can to keep their red customer base happy.

When we are finally clear of these trumped up charges they will have to change their tune as I can see us attracting a lot of new support when the media instigated and controlled ffp/cheat/pl charges cloud hanging over us is blown away.

In the meantime I suppose we ought to enjoy their pain, as attempting to spoil our party is all they have left to offer anybody who will listen, and that isnt much of an advert for them is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.