Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can read the article here....

Erling Haaland can take ruthless revenge on Real – City will blow them away​

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...f?shareToken=9f5d9a4a64276ba27006671a8fa748b1
His pal Neville had the balls to say Arsenal's performance and victory today will cause City's players to have a "sinking feeling". Is this fucking guy for real? A sinking feeling? I'd bet a large majority of our guys didn't even bother to watch the match. Just can't help himself, the fucking transparent little fuckface twat...

bbc live page i take it this is from Phil Dawkes (its his name at the top of the page)
That four-point gap at the top of the table was established yesterday, courtesy of Manchester City's 2-1 victory over Leeds.

Without looking at anything but the scoreline, you might imagine that it was a close game - and to be fair, there was a bit of tension flying about the Etihad after the Whites snatched a goal back late on. For 85 minutes, though, it was possibly the most one-sided Premier League there has been. Almost a training exercise for an utterly-dominant City, who made 795 successful passes to their opponents' 120. 592 of City's passes came in Leeds' half. Possession? That was just 81-19 in favour of Pep Guardiola's team.

I made a pretty garbled (and on reflection antagonistic-seeming) comment in the live yesterday, asking if City fans get the same joy from such a one-sided victory as they might by beating a more closely-matched opponent - say, Real Madrid on Tuesday?

I can't stop some seeing my genuine interest in the psychology of being a fan (and the unique complexities of that in the modern game) as something more sinister. I'm sorry I framed it poorly. But please don't see it as any evidence of bias towards one club or another from the staff here (many of whom had to do their job while a protest against the BBC took place on the other side of the window to their office yesterday).

We don't always get it right, but I can promise you everyone on this site works really hard to try and provide the best, most honest, insightful and balanced coverage they can. They're good people, who are simply trying to provide you with the best service possible. Anyway, back to today...
lol
Yeah, what-fucking-ever Phil.

Another year, likely another City title, and all the media's team of the year choices lack a simple majority of City players in each of them. Somehow, our club is winning 4 or 5 out of 6 titles without having the best players. Credit to Pep for doing miracles with such mediocrity.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230508_010721_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230508_010721_Chrome.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 320
What was that the media were saying about the scousers right to free speech?
Ermmm something along the lines of they can say & do what they want, nobody else can, and if one of their own does something different, they’ll just turn on em…you’ll never walk alone league & CL winning Liverpool captain

The Guardian have an article by Nicolas Blincoe. I'm a foc so can't copy and paste but it is well worth a read. It's good.....I can't believe I'm typing that, in fact it's very good. He's a City fan and very knowledgeable about who actually owns us and makes a simple statement. We are not state owned.

(He even mentions drugs and City but let's himself down with no awoooooooo)

Another year, likely another City title, and all the media's team of the year choices lack a simple majority of City players in each of them. Somehow, our club is winning 4 or 5 out of 6 titles without having the best players. Credit to Pep for doing miracles with such mediocrity.
Yes yet we have so many world class players it's not a fair competition...

The Guardian have an article by Nicolas Blincoe. I'm a foc so can't copy and paste but it is well worth a read. It's good.....I can't believe I'm typing that, in fact it's very good. He's a City fan and very knowledgeable about who actually owns us and makes a simple statement. We are not state owned.

(He even mentions drugs and City but let's himself down with no awoooooooo)
It's here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/may/08/manchester-city-ownership-qatar-abu-dhabi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.