Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wimbledon brazenly targeted winnable games back in their day. It’s probably a legitimate tactic for a team with their resources but it’s never something that really gets highlighted too much because it’s borderline bringing the game into disrepute.

I recall one game when they went to Old Trafford and strolled around like it was a training session. Vinny Jones barely attempted a tackle all game. Then shortly afterwards they played us, who were around them near the relegation zone and they came flying out like their lives depended on.

To be fair, we probably benefit a bit from it the other way round now.

Didn’t Mick McCarthy change all 11 players for a game at the swamp? I don’t remember the blames being laid at United’s door..

Rushden and Glendenning on Talksport openly displaying their anti City sentiment today. Rushden repeatedly bemoaning the fact that Leeds did not equalise and stating everyone but City fans wanted them to do so! Then they invite a Spanish journo on to expand on how good Real are and ask how they can beat City. The sheer joy in their voices when she said Modric would be back from injury on Tuesday. This would not happen to any other English club in Europe!
Doubt very much Spurs hoping for a Leeds equaliser or fans of any other club in the bottom six. Fuck talk shite!

You can read the article here....

Erling Haaland can take ruthless revenge on Real – City will blow them away​

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...f?shareToken=9f5d9a4a64276ba27006671a8fa748b1
Jeepers what an excellent analysis from Rooney. It is yet more damming evidence, not that we needed it of the continued orchestrated bias against MCFC from the MSM that we all appreciate and applaud an ex man united players assessment of the upcoming game while also speaking sense about the club’s achievements under pep.

No digs about finance but rather an appreciation of the football city play. Fair play pube head -:)

bbc live page i take it this is from Phil Dawkes (its his name at the top of the page)
That four-point gap at the top of the table was established yesterday, courtesy of Manchester City's 2-1 victory over Leeds.

Without looking at anything but the scoreline, you might imagine that it was a close game - and to be fair, there was a bit of tension flying about the Etihad after the Whites snatched a goal back late on. For 85 minutes, though, it was possibly the most one-sided Premier League there has been. Almost a training exercise for an utterly-dominant City, who made 795 successful passes to their opponents' 120. 592 of City's passes came in Leeds' half. Possession? That was just 81-19 in favour of Pep Guardiola's team.

I made a pretty garbled (and on reflection antagonistic-seeming) comment in the live yesterday, asking if City fans get the same joy from such a one-sided victory as they might by beating a more closely-matched opponent - say, Real Madrid on Tuesday?

I can't stop some seeing my genuine interest in the psychology of being a fan (and the unique complexities of that in the modern game) as something more sinister. I'm sorry I framed it poorly. But please don't see it as any evidence of bias towards one club or another from the staff here (many of whom had to do their job while a protest against the BBC took place on the other side of the window to their office yesterday).

We don't always get it right, but I can promise you everyone on this site works really hard to try and provide the best, most honest, insightful and balanced coverage they can. They're good people, who are simply trying to provide you with the best service possible. Anyway, back to today...
lol

bbc live page i take it this is from Phil Dawkes (its his name at the top of the page)
That four-point gap at the top of the table was established yesterday, courtesy of Manchester City's 2-1 victory over Leeds.

Without looking at anything but the scoreline, you might imagine that it was a close game - and to be fair, there was a bit of tension flying about the Etihad after the Whites snatched a goal back late on. For 85 minutes, though, it was possibly the most one-sided Premier League there has been. Almost a training exercise for an utterly-dominant City, who made 795 successful passes to their opponents' 120. 592 of City's passes came in Leeds' half. Possession? That was just 81-19 in favour of Pep Guardiola's team.

I made a pretty garbled (and on reflection antagonistic-seeming) comment in the live yesterday, asking if City fans get the same joy from such a one-sided victory as they might by beating a more closely-matched opponent - say, Real Madrid on Tuesday?

I can't stop some seeing my genuine interest in the psychology of being a fan (and the unique complexities of that in the modern game) as something more sinister. I'm sorry I framed it poorly. But please don't see it as any evidence of bias towards one club or another from the staff here (many of whom had to do their job while a protest against the BBC took place on the other side of the window to their office yesterday).

We don't always get it right, but I can promise you everyone on this site works really hard to try and provide the best, most honest, insightful and balanced coverage they can. They're good people, who are simply trying to provide you with the best service possible. Anyway, back to today...
lol

Jesus Christ, I think that's the closest I've ever seen to an apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.