Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. Would you ever see this level of media coverage over such a minor and vague issue as this if it was the rags or the scousers who had just grabbed themselves a draw at the Bernabeu?

Yet City are routinely subjected to this sort of thing. So often, you'll see half-time discussions in our games focused purely on "Should that really have been a penalty?" or "Haaland looks slightly offside to me, has VAR got that one wrong?" or "I think Rodri should have seen a red for that challenge!" instead of just commending the level of play on display or discussing tactics and strategies. They'll do anything to get a little dig in, to sow some seeds of doubt, to suggest that somehow WE, of all teams, are fucking favoured by referees.

Of course, those kinds of discussions can happen about games involving other teams, but it feels far less common than it is with us. And this is one of the worst examples, truly. The fact that certain media outlets and figures are STILL somehow talking about a ball that may or may not have crossed the line for a freaking throw-in just sums up how the media treat us. Can you imagine how they'd be reacting if the rags had just got that result? The "phantom throw-in" wouldn't have been mentioned a SINGLE time.

I mean just look at the whole Rashford offside thing when we played them. Yes, there was a bit of media fuss, but it was VERY quickly shuffled under the carpet, and it didn't even make the BBC's recent list of big VAR fuck-ups of the season. But you can be sure if we go on and win the CL, there'll still be prats talking about how the ball crossed the line and Real were robbed.

It's tiring. But fuck em, we'll just keep doing our talking on the pitch.
Didn’t United score a goal at WHU a couple of seasons ago where the ball looked a lot further out than this and there was no media outcry?

Agreed, although I think it’s fair to say that only Spurs got the ‘rub of the green’ is wholly inaccurate :-

‘It is rare for Pep Guardiola to get knocked out of any cup competition on home soil. It happened in Europe against Liverpool in 2018 and then against Tottenham 12 months later, although I think it's fair to say Spurs got the rub of the green that night’.
That’s entirely accurate isn’t it. He means they got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.