Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a bit (a lot?) presumptuous here, but I would like 4-in-a-row as that's never been done before in the top flight ever. Then you'll see the media implode.
Hopefully it will be 3-in-a-row … finally I’ve waited since 2013/2014 for it to happen (a few years of ‘bad’ recruitment around then, kyboshed that).
I’ve also wanted the 4-in-a-row, in a similar way to the centurions season and the fourmidables seasons re-writing so many domestic records, this one means the most to me personally. I remember reading Pears junior encyclopedia back in the 70’s and seeing ‘Huddersfield’x3 and ‘Arsenal’x3 in the football section listing Division 1 winners and hoping/wishing City could beat them.
The 90’s/00’s were an ongoing hope that (originally) united didn’t join them, and then beat them.

Edit: this one
IMG_6591.jpeg

Last edited:
It all stems from Mancini being paid by an Abu Dhabi company for work before he joined City.
This is conflated into ‘double wages’ and ‘off the books’ and has been ongoing for over a decade now.

Iirc What Mancini did/didn’t do for that Abu Dhabi company is moot, it was a job, he was paid. He then became City manager and got paid for that. End of.

This standard employee business practise of luckily having more than 1 legitimate paying job lined up, seems to fly by the foaming at the mouth vitriol.

And the conflating is then applied to all City players - ‘must have brown envelope double pay’, ‘why else should they go/stay there’, ‘dodgy finances’
… all the while forgetting that to accuse City of that, means accusing worldwide accountants, worldwide sponsors, lawyers, the management, the coaches, the players and the tea lady of being corrupt.

It’s farcical.

They seem to ignore the obvious fact that it would only take one disgruntled ex-employee to spill the beans. Just one. The media would pay ££££££s for such a story. How can we be sure that every player who leaves will keep his gob shut forever? Intimidation? A horse's head in the bed? I think not!

They seem to take the Sheikh and his top men for fools.

They seem to ignore the obvious fact that it would only take one disgruntled ex-employee to spill the beans. Just one. The media would pay ££££££s for such a story. How can we be sure that every player who leaves will keep his gob shut forever? Intimidation? A horse's head in the bed? I think not!

They seem to take the Sheikh and his top men for fools.
They certainly take their red readership as fools, trotting out the fictions time and time again

Hopefully it will be 3-in-a-row … finally I’ve waited since 2013/2014 for it to happen (a few years of ‘bad’ recruitment around then, kyboshed that).
I’ve also wanted the 4-in-a-row, in a similar way to the centurions season and the fourmidables seasons re-writing so many domestic records, this one means the most to me personally. I remember reading Pears junior encyclopedia back in the 70’s and seeing ‘Huddersfield’x3 and ‘Arsenal’x3 in the football section listing Division 1 winners and hoping/wishing City could beat them.
The 90’s/00’s were an ongoing hope that (originally) united didn’t join them, and then beat them.
That's my number one target this year also (if we had to choose one). Still want the bloody lot, though.

As expected, motd yet again did not look at a stonewall City pen in their summary.
The goals were sumptuous, Gundog's speak for themselves, absolute quality, but Erling's leap from almost a standing start was remarkable and deserves a mention.
The amount of blatant refereeing 'errors' MOTD either ignore or gloss-over is astounding, especially in our games. It's like they shit scared of rocking the boat with the PiGMOL/PL.

Me too, didn’t once complain about how they had/bought the best players. Actually enjoyed watching them and thought they were bloody good.
Different world of entitlement now I’m afraid and not just in football!
The internet makes it worse. Everyone has a voice now and journalism has gone to shit as it's just a race for clicks.

I was more than happy with 1 in a row especially after winning the FA Cup the year before, I honestly could have died a happy man seeing my team win 2 trophies to break the 35 potless years, having been at Wembley in 76 never did I imagine this level of success. I’ll be at Wembley again, I’ll never stop supporting and smiling at our club, best in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.