Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet again on 5 live last night arsenal fans saying we won it because of the money we spent, unchallenged by the pantomime dames savage and Sutton.

Just to be clear, in the 2 windows this season we spent £79m on the best striker on the planet, a World Cup winner and a superb defender. We got more than that back on sales to arsenal, not to mention Sterling, and all the youth players we sold.

I also remember seeing a post on here where someone detailed the net spend of every PL team over the last 5 years and we were I think THIRTEENTH! If possible could someone re-post that thread?

Also on the same show the myth was still being peddled about our squad size, again unchallenged by those two thick pillocks. I read the other week that we had played the least players of any PL team this season, just 18 - the next lowest was Palace at 21. We have a very small squad and are being incorrectly reported as having a large one. The FACT is that we buy well, and have done for over 10 years (Spanish Dave and Yaya £24m each etc) and have invested in the country’s best academy and manager.

The cunts need to start reporting facts and stop peddling lies
It both angers me and makes me laugh in equal measure. They’re hurting bad.

Yet again on 5 live last night arsenal fans saying we won it because of the money we spent, unchallenged by the pantomime dames savage and Sutton.

Just to be clear, in the 2 windows this season we spent £79m on the best striker on the planet, a World Cup winner and a superb defender. We got more than that back on sales to arsenal, not to mention Sterling, and all the youth players we sold.

I also remember seeing a post on here where someone detailed the net spend of every PL team over the last 5 years and we were I think THIRTEENTH! If possible could someone re-post that thread?

Also on the same show the myth was still being peddled about our squad size, again unchallenged by those two thick pillocks. I read the other week that we had played the least players of any PL team this season, just 18 - the next lowest was Palace at 21. We have a very small squad and are being incorrectly reported as having a large one. The FACT is that we buy well, and have done for over 10 years (Spanish Dave and Yaya £24m each etc) and have invested in the country’s best academy and manager.

It’s always the lazy go to punchline oh City have the biggest squad,every team has the same number of players to pick from out of their respective squads,the difference is not squad Size but quality which we do have from the goalkeepers to the forwards..

Pat Viera stated on sky yesterday that City don't have a big squad and that it was a myth that we have.

10th according to this site:-

They’re all just a bit mental.. We now pay players off the books? Why the fuck would we need to pay Akanji & Ake off the books. It’s bizarre that people think the best team in the league would have to underhandedly pay players under the table.
It all stems from Mancini being paid by an Abu Dhabi company for work before he joined City.
This is conflated into ‘double wages’ and ‘off the books’ and has been ongoing for over a decade now.

Iirc What Mancini did/didn’t do for that Abu Dhabi company is moot, it was a job, he was paid. He then became City manager and got paid for that. End of.

This standard employee business practise of luckily having more than 1 legitimate paying job lined up, seems to fly by the foaming at the mouth vitriol.

And the conflating is then applied to all City players - ‘must have brown envelope double pay’, ‘why else should they go/stay there’, ‘dodgy finances’
… all the while forgetting that to accuse City of that, means accusing worldwide accountants, worldwide sponsors, lawyers, the management, the coaches, the players and the tea lady of being corrupt.

It’s farcical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.