Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this frenzy of saying how women's football was neglected for years, has anyone asked why the rags and dippers were so late establishing team.
The Dippers had a team for many years. They were relegated due to being rubbish.

The Rags also had a team until they were shut down by the owners and later reestablished.

BBC article about the discrepancy between mens and womens wages uses City as an example. Doesn't give us credit for pumping more money into the Womens game though.

Why is there such a huge discrepancy?​

You need to follow the money to find out.
The amount of money clubs bring in is the key factor in governing how much they can pay players.
Take the example of Manchester City. The men's team is current Premier League Champions and reported £571m in turnover for the 2020-21 season.
The club spent 62% of that revenue on players' wages, according to Deloitte, which works out as £354m.
With a squad of 30, that equals an average £11.8m per player.
Compare that to Manchester City's Women's Super League team.
Its accounts reveal £2.9m in turnover for 2020-21 while its wage bill is reported at £3.3m.
That works out across its 44-strong squad and staff as an average of around £75,000 per player per year.
They can't even be arsed being even slightly honest and either not including the staff in the womens calculation or vice versa.

I'll try to explain. There's an organisation called 'the BBC', which stands for British Broadcasting Corporation. They make something called 'television' that involves moving pictures you can watch on a screen. With me so far?

As part of this, they do a 'breakfast show' that goes out on said television around breakfast time and where they talk about things going on in the world. This is presented by professional people who work for them but they usually have guests on. The manager of the City Women's team was one of those guests.
Sorry @Prestwich_Blue but you are saying the bbc, the bbc breakfast no less, silly Sally Mike One Jacket and the rest of the reds under the bed had an ex City player on, one who is now the manager of City's women's team and allowed him to big up City and City's ladies, at breakfast, on the sports section, of the bbc breakfast 'show'.
Can I put, yeh, I'm gonna put whoosh.

The Dippers had a team for many years. They were relegated due to being rubbish.

The Rags also had a team until they were shut down by the owners and later reestablished.
Re-established purely because the money was starting to come in. Their facilities are shit.

I've just checked the accounts and the Women's Team is currently loss-making and in the last 5 years, we've put in an additional £4.12m in equity funding. Hardly a "bottomless pit".
It may well be a great opportunity going forward if the WSL can cash in on the England boom. You would think some of our female England players could attract serious sponsors. It may be possible to do joint deals with the men's team. We could also attract more female fans to men's matches. I am pleased that our club remains at the forefront of the women's game. With the new arena also coming on stream (and all its commercial opportunities) this is a fantastic time for City.

the 'off the ball' youtube channel had that prat on from the guardian still trying to say haalands rebelling against city. but then goes on about klopps masterstroke i couldnt laugh anymore at these so called journalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.