Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news, Nick Cohen, who penned this piece on City last year, has finally been suspended from The Guardian/Observer after a series of allegations about his long-standing sexual misconduct. Along with Barry Glendenning sending unsolicited dick pics, and Sachin “Charlie Clitlicker” Nakrani, there seems to be a real issue with inappropriate, misogynistic behaviour at that paper. So much for that moral high ground.

Bunch of perverts. Hatchet hacks with a clear biased agenda. Won’t be missed nor remembered.

It seems friend of the forum Jake Humphreys has been axed from BT Sport Prem presentation. I guess he'll be moving to an easy chair for a while...
I know you'll all be gutted!

Brilliant news. Sneaky fucker. I will never forget him cackling with wio over city becoming the biggest team in Manchester. I know it’s petty but something about this fraud winds me up.

Good fucking riddance.
Happy that Mr. Smug is gone. Being replaced by a Toon fan in Lynsey Hipgrave so Newcastle will be getting an easier ride on there than we ever did.

The media have lost. It matters not a jot what they print anymore.
I am currently on holiday In Bulgaria and I've never seen so many kids with city kits on. Not just English either. There was a family sat near us last night, had 3 boys, all had full kits on, given the accents I'm thinking they were Bulgarian. Saw another one with Halaand on the back.
These kids don't give a fuck what the British media write, they just want to watch world class football with world class players.
Chins up blues, we have well and truly made it.

Last edited:
38d0dc94300e6f491a030726419e45d6.jpg

Also parity is a tough one. Much harder for men to play regularly in the conference then women in bottom 5 of tge WSL prem. Just far more competition. Lower league male players should be up in arms if arificial money from mens tv is oumped into the womens game
I think it's wrong that female tennis players get the same prize money in tournaments as men for playing 3 sets while the men play 5. How can that be equal pay when they only do 60% of the work? I am not being misogynistic. It is simply not right.

I think it's wrong that female tennis players get the same prize money in tournaments as men for playing 3 sets while the men play 5. How can that be equal pay when they only do 60% of the work? I am not being misogynistic. It is simply not right.
If a male player wins a tournament 3-0 do you expect them to only get 3/5 of the prize money then?

"I am not being misogynistic.", of course you're not...

I've watched the odd bit of women's football over the years and the fitness and technical ability has definitely improved. I think it's great that young girls can now aspire to play it and at a professional level if they are good enough. At the moment though there isn't the crowds and therefore sponsorship to justify them being paid on a par with the men. In these championships they said a lot of the games were sold out but my eyes told me differently. The final was of course but that was because it was the final and England were in it. I thoroughly enjoyed the occasion but I'm not sure popularity wise it will ever match the men's game.
It’s a boon for the game England getting to the final and winning. It’ll definitely raise the profile and have a short-term impact and as you say, great for the aspirations of young girls. Men’s professional football took a long time to get where it is now and there’s nothing wrong with the women’s game piggy-backing that popularity. But organisations like the BBC just can’t bring themselves to accept that the interest and therefore marketability aren’t comparable. They apparently celebrate difference and diversity but they’ll continue to make ridiculous comparisons, using everyone’s subs to support their crusade, until they alienate people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.