Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not rocket science, is it. Players wages are paid because of sponsorship deals and to a lesser extent, gate receipts. The women's game doesn't attract these sponsors who will pay enough to enable teams to pay the big bucks.
It's not mens football that's the problem.
Go and sell the product to the money men.

It's not rocket science, is it. Players wages are paid because of sponsorship deals and to a lesser extent, gate receipts. The women's game doesn't attract these sponsors who will pay enough to enable teams to pay the big bucks.
The money will be a token. The nature of the product will never deliver the big bucks that are available in men's football! They seem to think that the money, from wherever, should be tipped over because they play the same game as the men. There will never be acceptance from those who promote the women's game that it doesn't provide the adrenaline rush that the men's game does. I love watching MCWFC as I do MCFC but they are not the same and never will be.

I've watched the odd bit of women's football over the years and the fitness and technical ability has definitely improved. I think it's great that young girls can now aspire to play it and at a professional level if they are good enough. At the moment though there isn't the crowds and therefore sponsorship to justify them being paid on a par with the men. In these championships they said a lot of the games were sold out but my eyes told me differently. The final was of course but that was because it was the final and England were in it. I thoroughly enjoyed the occasion but I'm not sure popularity wise it will ever match the men's game.

the 'off the ball' youtube channel had that prat on from the guardian still trying to say haalands rebelling against city. but then goes on about klopps masterstroke i couldnt laugh anymore at these so called journalist.
Rebelling by eating sweets FFS

BBC article about the discrepancy between mens and womens wages uses City as an example. Doesn't give us credit for pumping more money into the Womens game though.

Why is there such a huge discrepancy?​

You need to follow the money to find out.
The amount of money clubs bring in is the key factor in governing how much they can pay players.
Take the example of Manchester City. The men's team is current Premier League Champions and reported £571m in turnover for the 2020-21 season.
The club spent 62% of that revenue on players' wages, according to Deloitte, which works out as £354m.
With a squad of 30, that equals an average £11.8m per player.
Compare that to Manchester City's Women's Super League team.
Its accounts reveal £2.9m in turnover for 2020-21 while its wage bill is reported at £3.3m.
That works out across its 44-strong squad and staff as an average of around £75,000 per player per year.
Also parity is a tough one. Much harder for men to play regularly in the conference then women in bottom 5 of tge WSL prem. Just far more competition. Lower league male players should be up in arms if arificial money from mens tv is oumped into the womens game

In other news, Nick Cohen, who penned this piece on City last year, has finally been suspended from The Guardian/Observer after a series of allegations about his long-standing sexual misconduct. Along with Barry Glendenning sending unsolicited dick pics, and Sachin “Charlie Clitlicker” Nakrani, there seems to be a real issue with inappropriate, misogynistic behaviour at that paper. So much for that moral high ground.

BBC article about the discrepancy between mens and womens wages uses City as an example. Doesn't give us credit for pumping more money into the Womens game though.

Why is there such a huge discrepancy?​

You need to follow the money to find out.
The amount of money clubs bring in is the key factor in governing how much they can pay players.
Take the example of Manchester City. The men's team is current Premier League Champions and reported £571m in turnover for the 2020-21 season.
The club spent 62% of that revenue on players' wages, according to Deloitte, which works out as £354m.
With a squad of 30, that equals an average £11.8m per player.
Compare that to Manchester City's Women's Super League team.
Its accounts reveal £2.9m in turnover for 2020-21 while its wage bill is reported at £3.3m.
That works out across its 44-strong squad and staff as an average of around £75,000 per player per year.
Plus no mention of the wage cap in the WSL but you wouldn’t expect a BBC “journalist” to know such basic stats. Or the mens team won so many more trophies so obviously earned bonuses than the womens or the issue the WSL has with a wage cap which means s best players are picked off by European teams.

Surely as Womens champions they should have done a comparison on Chelsea.

No mention of the facilities at City, how it is compared to the Rags awful facilities which led to a manager resigning, how many of the England squad are associated with City, and this is something our awful PR team should be promoting.

When the England win dies down, watch the BBC treat the womens game the Same as before. Live text commentary on Rag games and delayed scores and reports for most other games

It seems friend of the forum Jake Humphreys has been axed from BT Sport Prem presentation. I guess he'll be moving to an easy chair for a while...
I know you'll all be gutted!
Brilliant news. Sneaky fucker. I will never forget him cackling with wio over city becoming the biggest team in Manchester. I know it’s petty but something about this fraud winds me up.

Good fucking riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.