Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the ESPN weekend football review with Wright and Cates. After a long discussion on how Arsenal can go one better a brief word on city. from I think Darren Bent. He informed the worldwide audience that city were so successful because they have 2 world class players for each position .So there we have it

Oh lovely,some of the comments on the BBC sport website about arsenal and City,the old any trophy City win is tarnished by the charges against them,is that the same charges that have yet to be proved ..View attachment 79194View attachment 79195
Apart from the fact that Arsenal’s owner is worth $11bn in his own right and is married into the richest family in the world worth around $250bn, the first point may well be correct, but there’s no financial reason why it couldn’t be the case when they also have one of the largest match day incomes in the PL and commercial deals worth hundreds of millions. There’s only one reason why we’ve been the league’s most successful club over the last 7 years and that’s Pep. Several other clubs have thrown more money at it over that period and none are anywhere near.

City win away at Everton,Arsenal lose at home to Brighton and the title race is not quite but nearly over,lo and behold the bitter remarks,written articles and spoken bile ( podcasts etc) again being threw around again.
Their squad is far bigger than every other team,nope every club has the same amount of Players to pick from what is it 24-25 man squad.
Every trophy they win will be tarnished as they are cheats,cheats from what being better managed,owned and generally run as a club..
But the 100 or so charges they should be punished,what the charges that we haven’t so far been found guilty of any wrongdoing..
Its just not fair teams can’t compete they outspend every other team,nope let’s look at net spend over the last couple of years and see who is were in that league table ( it’s one of the few tables where we thankfully aren’t top or nowhere near).
the bitterness and bile will get even worse if and hopefully we do get past Madrid on Wednesday night lovely ..
Going to be a full blown meltdown of mass proportions if we do get through. I looked at fan reactions on you tube at last week's game, and every one of the English club supporters on there were cheering like fuck when real scored, silence and anger when Kev equalised. I love it that we're now hated, we always end up with the last laugh

Just watched the ESPN weekend football review with Wright and Cates. After a long discussion on how Arsenal can go one better a brief word on city. from I think Darren Bent. He informed the worldwide audience that city were so successful because they have 2 world class players for each position .So there we have it
Let's start with left back then, erm erm, right back Walker and LEWIS mmmm, Centre half yep we're stacked, def mid Rodri and PHILLIPS mmmm, fine on the wings, attacking mid Kev and nobody else, strikers Erling and 15m Alvarez
We really haven't got two starting elevens full of quality at all, another huge myth

Genuinely comical

Apart from that statement being a total myth,i mean we haven't even got one proper left back.....where the fuck do these clowns think our players have come from? They try and make it sound so simplistic......when all you have to do is look at Chelsea,the rags,Everton,and Liverpool to a degree.....to see spending cash is only half the battle.

They really are fucking cretins.

Neville's immediate reaction to Brighton's second even before the shot was taken was a categorical "He's offside" when he was well onside. Wishful thinking on his part.
Exactly. Tyler barely announced brightons first goal. Eventually it seemed to me than rather than talk about who was in pole position to win the league they decided to go all in on Brighton's performance and Arsenal's lack of one - which is maybe why Keown thinks they were biased against Arsenal - but i saw it as a way to not talk about City. They were clearly devestated by the result.

Can't see any reason at all why we shouldn't be in with a good chance. Haaland will have one season PL experience, other players will have more winning experience, plus we will no doubt strengthen
Losing Laporte,Bernard and Gundog might weaken us !!

Well have to sign some truly exceptional players who hit the ground running to replace them.

As expected, motd yet again did not look at a stonewall City pen in their summary.
The goals were sumptuous, Gundog's speak for themselves, absolute quality, but Erling's leap from almost a standing start was remarkable and deserves a mention.
dermott said haaland attacked pickfords fist no penalty and haaland shouldve been cautioned ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.