Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe just maybe one journalist will write an article purely about our football without mentioning the following.
The 115 charges and we could be guilty.
Petrodollar-champions.
Sovereign wealth.
1Billion spent.

Fuckin bores the pants off me.
Look at his narrative on Alvarez too. Makes him out to be a £60m signing, when, in truth, barely anyone had heard of him before City took the plunge.

After last night's superb display I've read every report and listened to every football podcast I can find. Any time someone starts by giving City credit followed by but.... (insert bitter excuse here) I immediately stop reading or turn it off. Atm I reckon it's about 50% giving us the credit we deserve and 50% moaning that we're cheating.
Tbh I've actually been pleasantly surprised and I do think proper football fans are actually getting bored with the cheating shite and are happy to admit we're just a really well run club. Haters gonna hate but maybe the tide is turning?
The only one I tried was the Times and that one was a disgrace. Can you recommend any of those you listened to that were genuinely positive and didn’t carry a sting in the tail please mate?

Last edited:
Owen Slot…Chief Sports Writer in The Times this morning….full back page spread…

The greatest team or one built on years of cheating?

15 points deduction next season….
The thing about this word “cheating “. Nobody who was interested in football before 2010 even considered that a chairman putting money into his club was cheating. Indeed that was really his only job. Cheating was match fixing or bribing refs or taking performance enhancing drugs. Then FFP came in and it gave everyone whose club underperformed the chance to excuse themselves by blaming others of cheating to beat them. The media fell into line at the behest of the establishment (as with politics). Any person over the age of day 20 who says that financial shenanigans (of which all clubs I am sure are guilty) is tantamount to cheating in football is just deliberately deluding themselves.

Have any of these "journalists" come up with an actual reason why 1999 rags were better? Other than just rag-bias?

City 2023 have far more PL points, reached the FA Final without conceding and reached the CL Final by destroying Bayern and Real Madrid.

We've scored 3 or more goals 21 times this season, including in games against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Rags, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

By every measure possible, there shouldn't even be an argument.

They could at least let us win the fookin' thing first, before "reporting" on how shit it is.
Not forgetting that United came second in their group in 98/99 with just 2 wins and played two less games in the knockout stage as it went straight to QF back then. So in total they won 4 and drew 6 to get to the final. We won 7 and drew 5.

The thing about this word “cheating “. Nobody who was interested in football before 2010 even considered that a chairman putting money into his club was cheating. Indeed that was really his only job. Cheating was match fixing or bribing refs or taking performance enhancing drugs. Then FFP came in and it gave everyone whose club underperformed the chance to excuse themselves by blaming others of cheating to beat them. The media fell into line at the behest of the establishment (as with politics). Any person over the age of day 20 who says that financial shenanigans (of which all clubs I am sure are guilty) is tantamount to cheating in football is just deliberately deluding themselves.
"You're only where you are coz you won the lottery"

No. A richer guy than your guy bought our club. It's happened since football began. Strangely, it only matters now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.