Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely he was fired. He is a total amateur. The programme is a shit show.
He’ll still be presenting coverage of our final as his ‘grand farewell’ so depending on how the games goes I’d say it’s very likely he’ll throw the odd spanner in the works on the night.
I’d like to see us write to BT in advance that we will act on any dodgy comments about us by any presenter or pundit during the broadcast.

Last edited:
Gone fishing....

‘There’s a cognitive dissonance for me as a fan’: readers on Manchester City​

6000.jpg

With Pep Guardiola’s side closing on a treble, Guardian readers offer praise for, and concerns about, City’s current dominance

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/20/readers-on-manchester-city-pep-guardiola-abu-dhabi

The thing about this word “cheating “. Nobody who was interested in football before 2010 even considered that a chairman putting money into his club was cheating. Indeed that was really his only job. Cheating was match fixing or bribing refs or taking performance enhancing drugs. Then FFP came in and it gave everyone whose club underperformed the chance to excuse themselves by blaming others of cheating to beat them. The media fell into line at the behest of the establishment (as with politics). Any person over the age of day 20 who says that financial shenanigans (of which all clubs I am sure are guilty) is tantamount to cheating in football is just deliberately deluding themselves.

Yep,the biggest mouths are obviously the ones now most effected by our success.....the ones,who prior to our reinvention,had no competition and had everything their own way,especially,due to their manipulation of the league and the invention of the cartel.....the distribution of wealth and access to the best players.

'Cheating' was invented by those cunts,it most definitely wasn't an issue......but now it has bitten them on the arse,and destroyed their dominance,suddenly it has become one.

I've also noticed cheating on the pitch isn't so much of an issue either.....

The thing about this word “cheating “. Nobody who was interested in football before 2010 even considered that a chairman putting money into his club was cheating. Indeed that was really his only job. Cheating was match fixing or bribing refs or taking performance enhancing drugs. Then FFP came in and it gave everyone whose club underperformed the chance to excuse themselves by blaming others of cheating to beat them. The media fell into line at the behest of the establishment (as with politics). Any person over the age of day 20 who says that financial shenanigans (of which all clubs I am sure are guilty) is tantamount to cheating in football is just deliberately deluding themselves.
This is the point that is always lost. United and Chelsea were allowed to spend unlimited funds and run up huge debts to enable them to win trophies and no one else could compete with them. The rules were changed purely to stop us. The idea that United's spending was organic is just ridiculous. Their owners (even before the Glazers) ran up huge debts and didn't put a penny back into the local community or the club's infrastructure. Their debts have grown not been reduced. Their model is totally unsustainable but is approved by the PL which frowns on owner investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.