Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the full article for those who don't have a Times subscription

In regards to Rooney - he's very insightful, since he retired I've been shocked at how well he seems to understand football but then when I think about it, he played at one of the world's most successful clubs and is one of the country's best ever players so it's probably not THAT surprising. I think all the jokes about him being an idiot tainted my view of him.

He's going to be more successful as a manager than Gerrard and Lampard I reckon, there's something refreshing about him and his football.
They've edited it from when it originally appeared, Rooney thought the CS match was at Wembley!

Here's the full article for those who don't have a Times subscription

In regards to Rooney - he's very insightful, since he retired I've been shocked at how well he seems to understand football but then when I think about it, he played at one of the world's most successful clubs and is one of the country's best ever players so it's probably not THAT surprising. I think all the jokes about him being an idiot tainted my view of him.

He's going to be more successful as a manager than Gerrard and Lampard I reckon, there's something refreshing about him and his football.
I'm not so sure - if it wasn't a United legend writing so complementarily about a City player I wonder if it would appear so insightful. Articles like that are usually written up by a journalist, and I'm pretty sure that if you sat down with the same journalist you'd come up with something of equal quality. A lot of the stuff is pretty basic about City too, so I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't a lot more insightful. Of course, it may be that they don't want anything too complicated so I won't judge him too harshly :)

He's certainly not stupid when it comes to football, and he may well be really good at man management and communicating his methods, but the top managers these days seem to be more and more intelligent, so it'll be interesting to see just how those picked for their status do in the future.

Don't worry guys - the alpaca is as predictably poor with his feet as we all envisaged.

Good job he is one of their top earners and not moving anywhere for near enough another half decade.............. :-)

Media wankers will need a serious re-think of their strategy at this rate. Sky, BT etc wholly dependent on subscriptions from gullible, tabloid level thinkers from around the country swallowing the red cash-cow, numbers driven marketing bullshit. Who are they going to get behind once the facade dissolves?

If ever a headline epitomised the UK media going into a new season

Hey Jennings you gobshite know nothing nob head, how's this working out already for you,

in a vernacular you might understand, "Wind it in son and stay in ya lane, ya facking 2 bob toby, gertcha"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.