Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I watched back the entire BBC coverage from the start of the build-up to the end of the programme.

Tonight I’m currently watching the entire ITV coverage.

Both have been very good at showing City’s history in the FA Cup, especially the BBC who had better pre-match videos in general (that poem at the start with footage from derbies and last FA Cup finals for both clubs was brilliant!). Both have added in some good Manchester music clips.

What I noticed is there was absolutely no treating City as an inferior club by any of the four presenters and pundits on either channel, that I have felt from the media for years. They were all very fair and treated the final as if it was between two giants of football.

I especially liked this quote from Sam Matterface on ITV, [the atmosphere was electric at that point as the teams were about to come out];

This is terrific! Well, the old Merseyside occasion of 1986, the Treble Busters of ’77, and ’96, remember that? That was huge… but might this be the biggest FA Cup final of all-time? Definitely, maybe! It is a special occasion and Wembley is absolutely thronging. A city split red and blue; a city steeped in culture, music and industry, and steeped in football heritage.

‘Well, the dominant teams of Busby and Sir Alex to the defiance of the Joe Royle era, and the ’60s success of Joe Mercer. Two iconic clubs that gave us moments from Agüero, Ronaldo, Robson, Summerbee, Best, Yaya and Cantona and who both at times embraced Tevez, Law and Kidd.

It is the first ever all-Manchester FA Cup Final’.

Top banana, that!

BBC’s coverage has a worse picture and sound quality. ITV has much sharper visuals and audio, but you have to deal with adverts.

Overall, I think both did a cracking job and were very good about City.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goldstein bottled Drivetime......Townsend standing in.

The shithouse rag ****

I can't stand Talk Sport, but did see a clip of Townsend where he said "fingers crossed they win it" about the treble. He was on co commentary for the Madrid home game and was cheering City on when the goals went in, nice to see. Would much rather have him on than Ferdinand etc on BT.

I can't stand Talk Sport, but did see a clip of Townsend where he said "fingers crossed they win it" about the treble. He was on co commentary for the Madrid home game and was cheering City on when the goals went in, nice to see. Would much rather have him on than Ferdinand etc on BT.
I listen to quite a bit of it. Jim White, Simon Jordan, Alan Brazil, Martin Keown, Jamie O’Hara, Gabby Agbonlalour & Sam Matterfsce have all said they hope we win it in the last few days. Cundy has said he hopes we don’t, only because he doesn’t want to see an English club besides Chelsea winning it.

Trebles from the last Century shouldn’t count…only 21st Century Trebles for me…let’s get the first and only.
Anything from before FFP should have a giant asterisk next to it. If breaching FFP is such a calamitous act of cheating, everything before it's introduction should be considered as basically won by cheating, no?

Anything from before FFP should have a giant asterisk next to it. If breaching FFP is such a calamitous act of cheating, everything before it's introduction should be considered as basically won by cheating, no?
If anyone needs an asterisk it’s Bayern from 1975 when they won it by blatant cheating on the pitch with the collusion of the referee and linesmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.