Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The floppy haired **** just can’t let it go.

He is the perfect fit for the Daily United after he replaced Martin Samuel, who fucked the Daily United off at went to the Times.

4D738652-AF30-4BA8-87DF-64F9614D90B9.jpeg

The poem was great - it’s based on this if you’re not already aware about Tony Wilson

I watched on ITV and agree..I have recorded both and will watch BbC back next week. Mind if Football Focus aka MU TV was a warm up, I might swerve it. Caught FF last night, god Japp Stam is boring, it really was all about ushered.

He is the perfect fit for the Daily United after he replaced Martin Samuel, who fucked the Daily United off at went to the Times.

View attachment 82060
Not really sure I understand his point.

He said that it wasn't disrespectful when Schmeichel said the 99 team would have beaten United's 68 team 10-0, and it was interesting that Schmeichel made pretty much the same point when asked about Pep's team. He basically laughed at the idea that United 99 would be able to compete with Pep's team and suggested that every player needs to be ultra-skilfull these days.

So I think Holt is saying that the 99 treble was a great achievement, even if that team would be slaughtered by Pep's City - but he's maybe just a bit scared of saying it outright, so uses that Schmeichel quote to do the heavy lifting?

Reactions: jrb
Not really sure I understand his point.

He said that it wasn't disrespectful when Schmeichel said the 99 team would have beaten United's 68 team 10-0, and it was interesting that Schmeichel made pretty much the same point when asked about Pep's team. He basically laughed at the idea that United 99 would be able to compete with Pep's team and suggested that every player needs to be ultra-skilfull these days.

So I think Holt is saying that the 99 treble was a great achievement, even if that team would be slaughtered by Pep's City - but he's maybe just a bit scared of saying it outright, so uses that Schmeichel quote to do the heavy lifting?
Don't know why anyone is trying to compare (that's if we even win the treble). It's a staggering achievement to win a neck-and-neck PL race, as both of us did, while getting to a CL final against some of the best teams in Europe, and winning an FA Cup.

View attachment 82060
I think the sub on that piece has added a few extra words /edits.

There’s a ‘not’ that seems to have moved position from early in the 1st sentence to later.

And there’s an addition of n’t in the last sentence that has accidentally crept in.

I do hope the waffle in the main piece isn’t littered with so many mistakes…

Last night I watched back the entire BBC coverage from the start of the build-up to the end of the programme.

Tonight I’m currently watching the entire ITV coverage.

Both have been very good at showing City’s history in the FA Cup, especially the BBC who had better pre-match videos in general (that poem at the start with footage from derbies and last FA Cup finals for both clubs was brilliant!). Both have added in some good Manchester music clips.

What I noticed is there was absolutely no treating City as an inferior club by any of the four presenters and pundits on either channel, that I have felt from the media for years. They were all very fair and treated the final as if it was between two giants of football.

I especially liked this quote from Sam Matterface on ITV, [the atmosphere was electric at that point as the teams were about to come out];

This is terrific! Well, the old Merseyside occasion of 1986, the Treble Busters of ’77, and ’96, remember that? That was huge… but might this be the biggest FA Cup final of all-time? Definitely, maybe! It is a special occasion and Wembley is absolutely thronging. A city split red and blue; a city steeped in culture, music and industry, and steeped in football heritage.

‘Well, the dominant teams of Busby and Sir Alex to the defiance of the Joe Royle era, and the ’60s success of Joe Mercer. Two iconic clubs that gave us moments from Agüero, Ronaldo, Robson, Summerbee, Best, Yaya and Cantona and who both at times embraced Tevez, Law and Kidd.

It is the first ever all-Manchester FA Cup Final’.

Top banana, that!

BBC’s coverage has a worse picture and sound quality. ITV has much sharper visuals and audio, but you have to deal with adverts.

Overall, I think both did a cracking job and were very good about City.
The BBC coverage was first class and reminded me of how good their football coverage used to be. It is a shame that they are let down by the juvenile clowns who run their website and social media channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.