Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't sweat anything the BBC say...

They were right all along on Jimmy Savile, weren't they?
Yesterday the 'Today' programme did a piece with Kevin Parker and Kieron Maguire (Liverpool University). It benefited from Robinson not being in it. A lot of Robinson's comments may fall into the harmless banter category but it gets tiresome. I remember when Raheem Sterling was a guest editor and he kept banging on about him p!saying for the 'wrong' club in Manchester. Yesterday's piece had some redeeming features as MaGuire pointed out the charges in no way diminished our current achievements as they only go up to 2018 - a point missed by many in the media. He also pointed out that football fans are notorious for nothing up any adverse publicity in connection with their rivals. They used the term state-owned without any challenge which always irritates me. A politician would be unlikely to own a football club in the UK - but in other countries this does happen.When Berlusconi owned AS Milan - I can't remember it being referred to as state ownership. I don't want to compare Berlusconi with the sheikh but I think my point stands. It's another example of the media consistently distorting the truth until it becomes an accepted 'baby's which is then used by rival fans to spread the dirt.There is a huge question mark over these journalist's professional integrity which we should be worried about not only as City fans but as a wider issue - affecting the objectivity of any information we get from the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.