Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank fuck I don’t have to watch BT but I assume they will have ex City stalwarts Turdinhand, Gambling Michael and toe sucker in the studio?

Yesterday the 'Today' programme did a piece with Kevin Parker and Kieron Maguire (Liverpool University). It benefited from Robinson not being in it. A lot of Robinson's comments may fall into the harmless banter category but it gets tiresome. I remember when Raheem Sterling was a guest editor and he kept banging on about him p!saying for the 'wrong' club in Manchester. Yesterday's piece had some redeeming features as MaGuire pointed out the charges in no way diminished our current achievements as they only go up to 2018 - a point missed by many in the media. He also pointed out that football fans are notorious for nothing up any adverse publicity in connection with their rivals. They used the term state-owned without any challenge which always irritates me. A politician would be unlikely to own a football club in the UK - but in other countries this does happen.When Berlusconi owned AS Milan - I can't remember it being referred to as state ownership. I don't want to compare Berlusconi with the sheikh but I think my point stands. It's another example of the media consistently distorting the truth until it becomes an accepted 'baby's which is then used by rival fans to spread the dirt.There is a huge question mark over these journalist's professional integrity which we should be worried about not only as City fans but as a wider issue - affecting the objectivity of any information we get from the media.
I know it's hypothetical but if Prince William bought Aston Villa or Rishi Sunak bought Southampton out of their respective personal fortunes would those clubs be universally and negatively described as "state owned"? Of course they wouldn't and therein lies the hypocrisy.

I know it's hypothetical but if Prince William bought Aston Villa or Rishi Sunak bought Southampton out of their respective personal fortunes would those clubs be universally and negatively described as "state owned"? Of course they wouldn't and therein lies the hypocrisy.
Yes absolutely spot on.

Some Ammo for the crap we'll haev to listen to all week....the top 25 most expensive football transfers of all time.

5 United
4 Barcelona, Chelsea
3 Madrid
2 PSG, Juve
1 Liverpool, Arsenal, Inter, Athletico, City*

*(State owned, oil funded, human rights abusing, financially doped, inflationary spenders) (Surely they should be on top, are they cheating on this list as well ?)
  • PSG (2017), Neymar
  • PSG (2018) Kylian Mbappe
  • Barcelona (2018) Phillipe Coutinho
  • Atletico Madrid (2019) Joao Felix
  • Chelsea (2023) Enzo Fernandez
  • Barcelona (2019) Antoine Griezmann
  • Manchester City (2021) Jack Grealish
  • Chelsea (2021) Romelu Lukaku
  • Barcelona (2017) Ousmane Dembele
  • Manchester United (2016) Paul Pogba
  • Real Madrid (2019) Eden Hazard
  • Juventus (2018) Cristiano Ronaldo
  • Real Madrid (2013) Gareth Bale
  • Manchester United (2022) Antony
  • Real Madrid (2009) Cristiano Ronaldo
  • Juventus (2016) Gonzalo Higuain
  • Manchester United (2019) Harry Maguire
  • Manchester United (2017) Romelu Lukaku
  • Manchester United (2021) Jadon Sancho
  • Liverpool (2018) Virgil Van Dijk
  • Chelsea (2020) Kai Havertz
  • Barcelona (2014) Luis Suarez
  • Chelsea (2022) Wesley Fofana
  • Inter Milan (2019) Romelu Lukaku
  • Arsenal (2019) Nicolas Pepe

There isn't much weirder than pretending to be a fan of another club on one of that club's forums. Must be such a desolate life lived by any weird **** that does that. But I think greenman is just sarcastic in their responses.

Blimey - Lukaku appears on the list 3 times, but on Saturday night he'll probably be kept out of a starting place by 38 year old Edin Dzeko.

Nicolas Pepe was sent on loan by Arsenal to Nice last year for the season, apparently without an option to buy, so he'll be back and unhappy at the Arse again - probably to be sold for peanuts compared to the £72m they paid for him.

Whatever happened to Jadon Sancho? I thought he might have got a game in the cup final but I can't recall even seeing him :-)

Every one of the scum's big signings was shite - Sancho, Maguire, Pogba, Lukaku and Antony.
What a graveyard Old Toilet's turned out to be.

Last edited:
Pepe was sent on loan by Arsenal to Nice last year for the season, apparently without an option to buy, so he'll be back and unhappy at the Arse again - probably to be sold for peanuts compared to the £72m they paid for him.

There was so much wrong with that transfer that it is unbelievable, he was never worth that and I believe that there were shenanigans afoot mate.

Hi - We are filming a documentary around the club and it’s fans and we are looking for a Man City supporting Vicar or Priest. Please private message me if you are interested. I will pass on your details. CTID
Father Lupton was a city supporting priest in St James the less church in Rossendale. This was a while ago and I've left the area, not sure if he's still there.

Blimey - Lukaku appears on the list 3 times, but on Saturday night he'll probably be kept out of a starting place by 38 year old Edin Dzeko.

Nicolas Pepe was sent on loan by Arsenal to Nice last year for the season, apparently without an option to buy, so he'll be back and unhappy at the Arse again - probably to be sold for peanuts compared to the £72m they paid for him.

Whatever happened to Jadon Sancho? i thought he might have got a game in the cup final but I can't recall even seeing him :-)

Every one of the scum's big signings was shite - Sancho, Maguire, Pogba, Lukaku and Antony What a graveyard Old Toilet's turned out to be.
All these bitter fact hunt journalists and fact hunt other clubs fans could end all their “City’s spending nonsense” by a quick fact hunt,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.