Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, we've had some very positive media coverage over the West Ham game. MOTD were purring about Haaland and so have a fair few others. if the Dippers had signed Haaland and they'd had this coverage we'd be going mental on here (it's only one game against a depleted West Ham who had nothing to play for on the opening day.....West Ham gave Haaland way too much space and my granny would have scored the second with no defender anywhere near....etc, etc).
Amazing, that old lag McNulty raved about us.

Is he actually a professional journalist then?
He’s typical of the ‘tall poppy syndrome‘ types that infest the media.
If it looks bigger and better than everyone else then whack it down.
People like this seem to be almost embarrassed by achievement and success, particularly if it entertains too.
Delaney and his ilk are the champions of mediocrity.

Why on earth did we not just ban him from the ground for half a dozen games after that? It would have been more than merited.
For a club 'run by a brutal regime' we are a bit lenient. Not even a slight mutilating dished out to any of these lowly soon-to-be-subjects in over a decade. I didn't sign up for this.

Reactions: PPT
The press and the media are hurting badly this morning. Very badly. You can see the praise is written through gritted teeth with snidey remarks and comments thrown in for good measure.
Bloody brilliant isn't it? They were absolutely praying that Haaland would be a flop. They are just starting to understand just what we have. Love it!
Was saying this to my lad after our game yesterday. Before the weekend there was the expectation that scousers would win easily at newly promoted Fulham and the rags were bound to beat Brighton at home in tent pegs first masterclass. Then there was the hope that City would struggle at the Hammers with Haaland having a bit of a mare and the media could then pile on. Didn't turn out that way so we have the bitterness from the usual media suspects. Yep, love it!

Listening to the guardians season preview
The journo who can’t pronounce his R’s properly has said that when Haaland made that tweet about buying Percy pigs at M&S it was a dig at the clubs dietary plan

No one corrected him

Correct me if I’m wrong but was it not a clear joke in response to a tabloid story about him being in a shop and what he was buying?
You're right. Its just that they are too stupid to realise he is laughing at the state of our sports gossip writers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.