Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your monthly reminder to…

STOP POSTING LINKS TO NEGATIVE ARTICLES ABOUT CITY

If you must share them for some reason, post a screenshot (of only the headline and summary paragraph, anything more will be deleted to avoid copyright claims against the forum).

Posting the link just gives them more engagement, which is exactly what they want, only serving to incentivise more negative articles in the future.

I am convinced that half of the negative articles written about City get most of their engagement from City fans rage-sharing them on here, Twitter, Reddit, and elsewhere.
Get fucked, we need conflict and the media are it.

Should we stop clicks to the site?

Get fucked, we need conflict and the media are it.

Should we stop clicks to the site?

200w.gif

Your monthly reminder to…

STOP POSTING LINKS TO NEGATIVE ARTICLES ABOUT CITY

If you must share them for some reason, post a screenshot (of only the headline and summary paragraph, anything more will be deleted to avoid copyright claims against the forum).

Posting the link just gives them more engagement, which is exactly what they want, only serving to incentivise more negative articles in the future.

I am convinced that half of the negative articles written about City get most of their engagement from City fans rage-sharing them on here, Twitter, Reddit, and elsewhere.

That is clearly bonkers.

Posting a link does not infringe copyright, but more importantly you can't have a meaningful thread about the media that prevents posters from seeing and reading the media.

You've not thought this through.

It's behind a Paywall...

Yet nothing said when the rags and dippers hierarchy were running amok in the corridors of power of the Football league, premier league and UEFA telling everyone how to direct gate receipts, tv money and champions league places. It all boils down to the majority of these bitter scribblers glory hunting with the ‘big 4’ and pining for their ‘Super Sundays’ to return.

I got the following text from a friend in Florida which helped my feelings about all of this:

“Best part tho…clown show press can try every click bait article they want to push a narrative- we just won the treble and the world knows it. My partners son is 8…he was watching the game yesterday wearing a Haaland jersey. He has Man City bed sheets. Palm Beach Gardens FL. This kid doesn’t even know the Sunday Times exists. He knows he loves Man City. Future is bright. Fuck the haters.”

Dear click-baiters (I won't refer to them as journo's) please read the following quote from HH Sheikh Mansour in his letter to fans on the purchase of the club in 2008:

"I should perhaps also explain that despite what you may have read, I have bought the club in a private capacity and as part of my personal business strategy to hold a wide portfolio of business investments. I am a football fan, and I hope that you will soon see that I am now also a Manchester City fan. But I am also a long-term investor and that is probably more important to the club and to you because it means we are here for the long haul and that we will act always in the best interests of the club and all of its stakeholders, but especially you the fans."

Source

Dear click-baiters (I won't refer to them as journo's) please read the following quote from HH Sheikh Mansour in his letter to fans on the purchase of the club in 2008:

"I should perhaps also explain that despite what you may have read, I have bought the club in a private capacity and as part of my personal business strategy to hold a wide portfolio of business investments. I am a football fan, and I hope that you will soon see that I am now also a Manchester City fan. But I am also a long-term investor and that is probably more important to the club and to you because it means we are here for the long haul and that we will act always in the best interests of the club and all of its stakeholders, but especially you the fans."

Source

Sheikh Mansour my Lord.

That is clearly bonkers.

Posting a link does not infringe copyright, but more importantly you can't have a meaningful thread about the media that prevents posters from seeing and reading the media.

You've not thought this through.

Mate - he didn’t say posting a link infringes copyright.

He said posting more then a summary paragraph infringes copyright and would be removed - which is 100% accurate.

His point was that posting a link provides the writers of negative articles with the very engagement and clicks they so desperately crave - thereby validating the absolute fucking bilge they keep writing about our club.

And I for one agree with him - giving the parade of morally redundant shills who cynically and habitually misrepresent our club the benefit of the clicks that literally pay their bills only serves to encourage them and their employers to keep churning this shit out.

Its so self defeating to use a City forum to validate and give free promotion to the very people and publications that are so committed to attacking and denigrating our club.

Last edited:
Mate - he didn’t say posting a link infringes copyright.

He said posting more then a summary paragraph infringes copyright and would be removed - which is 100% accurate.

He said posting a link gives the writers of negative articles the engagement and the clicks they crave - which validates the absolute bilge they keep writing about our club.

And I for one agree with him - giving the absolute fucking mouth breathers who cynically and habitually misrepresent our club the benefit of the clicks that literally pay their bills only serves to encourage them and their employers to keep churning this shit out.

Its so self defeating to use a City forum to validate and give free promotion to the very people and publications that are so committed to attacking and denigrating our club.

With respect it doesn't matter what he thinks, you think, or I think for that matter. The simple fact is you can't have a meaningful thread that discusses the media without being able to see and read that media, regardless of the clicks, attention and revenue it generates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.