Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it was because people don’t like it, more that we’ve beaten them, so why even mention or worry about any negative press

My personal opinion is that it’s too easy to look for negative articles & we should all be posting positive articles on here to generate clicks

Each to their own tho, as I don’t want to sound like the ‘what we can & can’t post’ police :)
Fucking right!

That’s my job.

They did a small piece on Radio 4's 'Today' programme this morning. I was delighted to hear Chris Bird being interviewed. The interviewer did the 'tainted' trophies thing and got put down immediately and he argued that the PL had acted in a inappropriate way with the timing of the charges etc. She did refer to our ownership as being ADUG and amazingly the term 'state-owned' was not mentioned. Chris Bird referred back to our relegation in 1998 and the move to the new stadium which I think he was in charge of and emphasised our great achievements. I particularly liked the way he scorned the opportunity to compare our treble with United and he pointed out that as City fans we are only really concerned with our own achievements and not those of United. He was asked if our funding by an AD billionaire (note again not the AD state) was difficult for rival clubs to compete with and he made the point that our owners had invested in the club's infrastructure and not been so concerned about taking profits out of the club - unlike a lot of other PL clubs. All in all he referred to the sort of points that we have made on here. So well done Chris for telling it as it is like a true City fan. I suppose the programme has a really small audience compared to the typical media outlets who besmirch our name. But I was left with the feeling that it would be great if this could happen more often. I expect the usual suspects to deliver more and more venom as we pull further away from our rivals which is inevitable if they continue trying to stop us through devious means rather than concentrating on their own issues.
Richard "Fat ****" Keys on beIN before the Champions League Final (It's no longer the Chimps League) was arguing the toss about City cheating and asterisks etc........ Good grief, first Arsene Wenger owned him and his ridiculous diatribe, then after Wenger went to the Arabic Channel studio he was replaced by Ruud Gullit. Off went fatty with a similar pile of old shit and this time Gullit owned him....... again. My how I larfed.

More made up bullshit.

First Pep and now Bernardo on the day of the parade. The lying football media really don’t have any shame do they.

Bernardo Silva has reaffirmed to Manchester City that he wants to leave the club this summer, 90min understands.

Sports-washing is one of the most stupid piles of shite imaginable. The concept is all over the place.

It’s nothing more than a buzzword used by idiots incapable of individual thought.

A bit like “take back control”.

Means absolutely fuck all.

Sports-washing is one of the most stupid piles of shite imaginable. The concept is all over the place.
It is also entirely counter to reality, where our owners and the UAE are under far more scrutiny, subjected to far more criticism, and under far more pressure for reform by owning Manchester City than if they had nothing to do with the club.

It is doublespeak drivel designed to appeal to the outraged masses secretly and desperately jealous of our success (literally everyone of them would actually give their first born to have what we have, just look at many rag supporters now).

But, as I have said many times, this is just the dying of the embittered’s light. They are raging but they’ll eventually go with a whimper in to the night.

:) Did they explain why AD would do that when they could have easily let a SWF buy it like Qatar and Saudi?

Edit: and have they ever heard of Occam's razor?

Edit: and wtf is a tifo?
Complicated explanations hide their own ignorance and I suppose make it believable to their audience. The tifo podcast is a generally City hating pod that is now on the Athletic. There was no explanation that I remember, just mutterings if I remember correctly about the sheikh being a front for the UAE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.