Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the BBC

'I wouldn't expect a resolution any time soon'​

BBC football reporter Simon Stone speaking to 5 Live Breakfast this morning about the 115 Premier League charges faced by Manchester City in relation to their finances: "I wouldn't expect it [a resolution] any time soon. City dispute these charges, Guardiola said at a press conference last month that he wants them dealt with as soon as possible.
"Behind the scenes, there is a feeling City are not quite as keen on getting this done quickly - they have objected to the chair of the committee on the grounds he is an Arsenal fan, and some of the charges relate to City not complying with the Premier League over their investigation.
"Some of these charges predate Guardiola - some observers feel that, without City breaking the rules, Guardiola would not have arrived and we would not have the situation we are at now.
"I don't know when it will be dealt with - if we get a resolution by the end of next season we will be doing well."

Simple Simon grasping at straws again.

Schmeichel a dick, tells Erling he played with his dad and his only contribution was being on the massage table for 12 months.

"So Erling, you've just won the Champions League - part of a historic treble... we have to take this unique opportunity to ask...

...are we the funniest football show on TV?"

What the absolute fuck?

Glad this thread is back , you cant be locking a thread because a couple of people dont like it , tbere is still a huge interest in discussing the way the media sees us
I don’t think it was because people don’t like it, more that we’ve beaten them, so why even mention or worry about any negative press

My personal opinion is that it’s too easy to look for negative articles & we should all be posting positive articles on here to generate clicks

Each to their own tho, as I don’t want to sound like the ‘what we can & can’t post’ police :)

I don’t think it was because people don’t like it, more that we’ve beaten them, so why even mention or worry about any negative press

My personal opinion is that it’s too easy to look for negative articles & we should all be posting positive articles on here to generate clicks

Each to their own tho, as I don’t want to sound like the ‘what we can & can’t post’ police :)

I'm with you. It's just page after page of people posting negative articles. Don't let facts get in the way of an argument! They're feeding the hungry dippers and rags and they don't care about the details. Pointless worrying about it. Just watch the celebrations after Chelsea, watch the FA Cup final highlights and watch Rodri's goal over and over.

There are now teenagers alive who can’t ever remember seeing utd win the title.
The “Not in my lifetime“ quote gets funnier with each passing year.
That dozy Manure flickhead Brandon Williams giving it big about "no-one cares for sloppy seconds"................... well fuckface, you weren't even born when united won theirs. Nob.

They did a small piece on Radio 4's 'Today' programme this morning. I was delighted to hear Chris Bird being interviewed. The interviewer did the 'tainted' trophies thing and got put down immediately and he argued that the PL had acted in a inappropriate way with the timing of the charges etc. She did refer to our ownership as being ADUG and amazingly the term 'state-owned' was not mentioned. Chris Bird referred back to our relegation in 1998 and the move to the new stadium which I think he was in charge of and emphasised our great achievements. I particularly liked the way he scorned the opportunity to compare our treble with United and he pointed out that as City fans we are only really concerned with our own achievements and not those of United. He was asked if our funding by an AD billionaire (note again not the AD state) was difficult for rival clubs to compete with and he made the point that our owners had invested in the club's infrastructure and not been so concerned about taking profits out of the club - unlike a lot of other PL clubs. All in all he referred to the sort of points that we have made on here. So well done Chris for telling it as it is like a true City fan. I suppose the programme has a really small audience compared to the typical media outlets who besmirch our name. But I was left with the feeling that it would be great if this could happen more often. I expect the usual suspects to deliver more and more venom as we pull further away from our rivals which is inevitable if they continue trying to stop us through devious means rather than concentrating on their own issues.

Well talksport won’t invite him on the Jim and clown show they never want people with intelligence who can back it up with facts unlike Jordan the bullshiter Levy’s mouthpiece

Interesting bit from Carragher:

"For as long as Guardiola is at the Etihad, they will be the side everyone else fears - the best resourced team with the best manager. By adding the European Cup to his City CV, Guardiola has also added weight to the argument he is the greatest coach of all time," Carragher told the Daily Telegraph.

"Sir Alex Ferguson’s supporters will always suggest otherwise. The reality is it is not even a debate beyond this country. At two different clubs, Guardiola has created a side which has produced the most perfect football I have ever seen live, first with his Barcelona Champions League winners of 2011 and now City in 2023.

"The argument about whether City’s treble winners are better than Ferguson’s of 1999 should be over, too. This City team is on a different level. City left Istanbul amid a sense of beginning in Europe rather than mere completion of their Abu Dhabi owners’ ultimate ambition.

"After the treble of 1999, Ferguson would wait another nine years to lift the European Cup, his side successful in the Champions League without dominating it. City can leave every rival in their wake. A dynasty is forming at City under Guardiola."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.