Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully agree with the idea of not giving the City haters the oxygen of publicly.
Just heard two of them on Talktripe (not my radio) damning City with faint praise, then in voices the equivalent to the gamble aware or drink responsibly wording on the relevant adverts saying City deny any wrong doing.
I took the dog out to calm down when I realised walking the dog in beautiful surroundings and City doing what they do with a fantastic evening in prospect, why should I allow two people who are of no interest to me detract from a glorious day and achievement.

It is also entirely counter to reality, where our owners and the UAE are under far more scrutiny, subjected to far more criticism, and under far more pressure for reform by owning Manchester City than if they had nothing to do with the club.

It is doublespeak drivel designed to appeal to the outraged masses secretly and desperately jealous of our success (literally everyone of them would actually give their first born to have what we have, just look at many rag supporters now).

But, as I have said many times, this is just the dying of the embittered’s light. They are raging but they’ll eventually go with a whimper in to the night.
This is the crux of it. Accuracy, consistency, integrity and honesty is irrelevant when your sole focus is to create as much engagement as possible.

Our ownership and how it's reported on is a great example:

City are state owned = 'Outrageous. Dirty spotwashers with unlimited wealth. How can anyone compete?'

Newcastle get bought by Saudi PIF = 'Lol. City's owner is Sheikh Mansour. He's a pauper by comparison and Newcastle could buy all of City's players 3 times over!'

We all know we're not state owned (and anybody claiming otherwise is, at this point, deluded) but if we were, a quick bit of research would show the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority has considerably more resources than PIF.

Hilarious that our ownership can seemingly change on a day-to-day, story-to-story basis.

I think a few of your comments were more than just questioning my judgment and indicating you thought I was wrong.

But I will take you at your word that they weren’t intended to be personal attacks, even if they came off that way to me.

This is clearly a generational thing.

I did not set out to offend you, but whether you were offended or not is entirely immaterial to me.

Your argument made no sense and still makes no sense. You don't like that this thread, in some minuscule way, might put a penny or two in our detractors pockets and your solution is both clunky and unworkable, but you're the moderator and I'm not so do as you please.

If like to see the sharing of poisonous bullshit said by random red fans, and independent journos (influencers) on this forum.

We're actually doing their work for them.

Put out all in some obscure room 101 toilet thread that those twats won't be able to find when they come here to see how they've hurt us.

This is clearly a generational thing.

I did not set out to offend you, but whether you were offended or not is entirely immaterial to me.

Your argument made no sense and still makes no sense. You don't like that this thread, in some minuscule way, might put a penny or two in our detractors pockets and your solution is both clunky and unworkable, but you're the moderator and I'm not so do as you please.
I am no longer a moderator.

I am also not sure this is a “generational thing”, as you put it (are we actually of a different generation?). Though, I do think that is sometimes an excuse used to explain away questionable behaviour after the fact.

And my argument makes no sense to you. It makes plenty of sense to others, including those that work or have worked in the media (the topic of the thread, as it happens). I think we can both agree neither of us are arbiters of objective sense (read truth), so let’s at least be precise with with our assertions.

At any rate, I really don’t want to fight with you. We agree on the main thrust of many of these entities being bad actors, we just disagree on how best to combat their efforts.

Hope you have a wonderful victory parade day, blue.

I am also not sure this is a “generational thing”, as you put it (are we actually of a different generation?). Though, I do think that is sometimes an excuse used to explain away questionable behaviour after the fact.

And my argument makes no sense to you. It makes plenty of sense to others, including those that work or have worked in the media (the topic of the thread, as it happens). I think we can both agree neither of us are arbiters of objective sense (read truth), so let’s at least be precise with with our assertions.

At any rate, I really don’t want to fight with you. We agree on the main thrust of many of these entities being bad actors, we just disagree on how best to combat their efforts.

Ffs lads can you do this by PM? No one else is arsed.

I've decided to do a reverse Grealish and stop drinking ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.