Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a running theme isn't there?

Delaney says we're "sterile industrialisation". Michail antonio (who was on the pitch!) says we were "liquid" and "unbelievable"

Barney ronay said erling Haaland vs Liverpool was "Astonishingly bad", whilst Wayne rooney said he "must have been watching a different game" to nerdy hacks like ronay. Think shearer said similar too

But hey, what do shearer and rooney know about playing centre forward over this little nerd?

View attachment 52354
I've noticed that he's made no comment on Haaland's performance at West Ham, I wonder why....

Wasn't it Anelka who scored from the spot in a 1-0 win for us to stop Chelsea going unbeaten through the season. We weren't exactly ripping up trees then and I imagine it upset more than just him amongst their ferile fan base. Assuming he's old enough to remember more than a few seasons back.
That was a late kick off on my birthday. Spent the day in Crispins in Moss Side and then to the Etihad for the match. Don't remember a thing about that game other than winning the penalty.

That was a late kick off on my birthday. Spent the day in Crispins in Moss Side and then to the Etihad for the match. Don't remember a thing about that game other than winning the penalty.
For some reason there seemed to be a shortage of taxis and was late getting into the ground and was just going through the turnstile as the cheer went up for Anelka scoring from the spot, so missed the only goal that also stopped Chelsea from going unbeaten through the season.

Jonathan Wilson has a new book out about the Charlton Brothers. The Guardian have a piece on the book but it looks at the relationship between George Best and Bobby Charlton. I don't think Jackie Charlton got a mention in The Guardian piece. They might have other articles planned for the book where Jackie is mentioned but it seemed strange to me that the focus was not on the brothers.
Saw Jackie at a Sportsman’s Dinner many years ago, one of his opening gambit’s was:

“You may have heard me and our Bobby don’t get on, it’s true, he’s a right twat”

No love lost there

This must be the "sterile industrialisation" miguel delaney was on about

And it's not only the brilliance of our 'liquid' football ever since Pep arrived that I marvel at and love to watch.. it's the work ethic and attitude of the entire squad that goes with it.

The best example of this, for me, was in the dying embers of the last day title winning game at Brighton. We were 4-1 up, Premiership in the bag and barely moments from the final whistle when Brighton broke down our left and began developing a chance to cross into our box.

Who pops up to cover and snuff out the threat at left-back? Bernardo Silva, still full of running and determination to prevent giving Brighton a chance against us.

One of the greatest bits of play I've ever seen from City in over 60 years of watching them.. and totally 'liquid'! (..and I'll drink to that, my kinda 'liquidity'!!)

Ronay is an Oxford University posh boy who knows nothing about football and appears to have few qualifications to be a journalist. He re-invented himself so he could earn a living from football. The Guardian and the London media in general is full of these sort of people.

Almost all major football journalists are part of the Oxbridge set now.

Sorry but that's nonsense, it's a piece about the League Cup. We might have plenty to complain about in the media (although that is changing massively) but there's no need to make crap up.
Care to explain how winning the Carabao cup or even an FA cup has anything to do with being a Champion? You are and always have been a cup winner. For the BBC or any media to refer to Liverpool as Champions is poor. Please tell us what the dippers are Champions of in 2021/22?

Care to explain how winning the Carabao cup or even an FA cup has anything to do with being a Champion? You are and always have been a cup winner. For the BBC or any media to refer to Liverpool as Champions is poor. Please tell us what the dippers are Champions of in 2021/22?
"us"???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.