Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to explain how winning the Carabao cup or even an FA cup has anything to do with being a Champion? You are and always have been a cup winner. For the BBC or any media to refer to Liverpool as Champions is poor. Please tell us what the dippers are Champions of in 2021/22?

To be fair, we were referred to as champions of those competitions every time we won it too. Even the FA refer to the fa cup champions about the winners.

Care to explain how winning the Carabao cup or even an FA cup has anything to do with being a Champion? You are and always have been a cup winner. For the BBC or any media to refer to Liverpool as Champions is poor. Please tell us what the dippers are Champions of in 2021/22?
The champions of failing to score a single goal in 3 finals in the same season.

Or more probable is being an answer to a question on A Question of Sport 10 years before it's asked

To be fair, we were referred to as champions of those competitions every time we won it too. Even the FA refer to the fa cup champions about the winners.
I'm nearly 70 and as far back as I can remember its always been Cup Winners and League Champions.

I'm nearly 70 and as far back as I can remember its always been Cup Winners and League Champions.

It’s always been either. Honours board wise, clubs will refer to them the way you do.

The point is it’s not a specific thing about a club or an individual journalist.

Here’s when we won it for example -

Just seen a clip on BBC web site. A footballer who knows what he's talking about. I like him.
Tis excellent

A guy who was on the pitch and saw it happen around him - and marvelled at it.
Compared to a Delaney who clearly had his eyes elsewhere when saying it was ‘sterile industrialisation’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.