Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've worked for both and you're effing crazy if you think the Mail is no worse than the Guardian. The Mail routinely lies and doesn't give a monkey's. The Guardian has its flaws, for sure (its coverage of City, for instance), but it generally tells the truth about current affairs.

I respect your opinion but (without going into details on here) I also have inside knowledge of both publications and I believe both of them report issues through their own biased political filters which means most (not all) of what they publish, including current affairs, is distorted.

If you look at the bbc site today there is not one mention of us.
Our owners have 2 choices fight the bbc (imo they'd lose) or ensure other NEW media outlets had everything about City. Newspapers, printed or online are dying out and Sky is a dinosaur. Most under 30's don't go to the daily express for football coverage. You fight battles you can win City are doing that.
Pretty decent match write-up this morning

It gets worse by the day.

As expected, Scousers agreeing with Wright in the comments section.

View attachment 53507

But when Arsenal won the PL season after season with Wright in the team, it was great for the PL and English football.
He (Ian Wright) seems to be popular but I've always thought he talks and writes total bollocks - like the bloke down your local pub would come out with.

I respect your opinion but (without going into details on here) I also have inside knowledge of both publications and I believe both of them report issues through their own biased political filters which means most (not all) of what they publish, including current affairs, is distorted.
And one of these papers is in serious financial shit, whilst the other is doing pretty well. Both are horrible publications

Of course there's a certain amount of bias. One is a liberal newspaper, the other is a right-wing newspaper. You expect subjectivity in the op ed pages and in the slant of news stories. But one publishes outright lies, the other does not. Why else would Wikipedia announce its ban on using the Mail as a news source?

Why shouldn't I?

Racist/xenophobic shit like this should be highlighted.
You could spend all day posting examples of that shit from anywhere across the internet. It doesn't need 'highlighting' as it's already on a platform where several million people can see it. I presume you've been on his twitter to call him out, or even re-tweeted it?
The gimp will be very pleased that his shit opinion has now made it onto bluemoon and will probably take great pleasure from it. You've done exactly what he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.