Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to laugh. My mum, all 93 years of her, she's watched this team from afar (never been to a match unfortunately) since the days of Summerbee, Bell and Lee. City to her meant watching attractive football on the telly. Her mantra in the dark days was 'don't worry they'll be back'. Boy was she ever spot on. She absolutely loves this current side. Pep can do no wrong and in her words is 'so classy and respectful'. Imagine my reaction when she goes into a full on rant about our media after Liverpool's 9-0 win yesterday. 'City do that....it's disrespectful. Liverpool do the same.....it's a glorious demolition job. The press these days don't have a clue but they do have an agenda'. Well.....quite! I was pissing myself. Bless her.
Bless her, indeed she's speaks with the insight and wisdom of age, her reasons for following City are similar to my own, although I have been privileged to get to some games.

Delighted to note that another supporter, says you "miss a lot" at the game itself, I haven't noticed too many express this view. I avoid the matchday forum as toxic as it is overloaded with posters who miss a lot. I do read the players' performance threads but they have become overloaded with cliques of fans who clearly miss a lot and consider the Bluemoon Forum as the Bluemoon Keyboard Critic's Forum, and delight in negative posts about perceived errors by players which are easily proven false by watching the game or incident on the City website. Dare to disagree or make a positive post about a player and verbal abuse is almost guaranteed.
I am so disgusted with the Sky/BT presentations I don't watch pre or post match, just the match usually with the Manchester radio commentary in the background. Mowbray's commentary was a breath of fresh air and I stayed with it from start to finish.
I will add that watching on City+ we played well in the first half, except defending the 2 goals, always probing, switching play tiring out the Palace players, giving 100%. Sometimes at the match you get pulled in by the frustrations of the crowd around you. As I said previously, it was good to watch and listen to Mowbray and Morrison on City+.

I don't care where your from, what you look like, who you put your dick in. If you hate the dippers and the red shite your alright with me
“Where you put your dick in” very good, you are so right, that doesn’t define you as a person, just defines your sexuality. What people do in their private lives should not affect their right to live a normal life.

That’s fucking disgusting and needs reported. Bunch of red ass licking cunts. Report the fucking facts not a fan bias money clicking view especially when a serious crime may have taken place with the person in question.
On the league table, they only use the name Manchester for both clubs now, used to have both City and Utd.

Had Talk Shite on Yesterday listening to the Forest v Spurs match going to the branch meeting. Left the radio on Talk Shite after stopping the car and going to the branch meeting. Coming home from the meeting, Talk Shite was on, this time with Mark Goldbridge, the Forest/Rag, Youtuber.

The part of the show I listened to included commentary of United's win at Southampton (why?), the transfer hub, United have spent the most on players, 'but have had the best transfer PL window so far', and an old United club/fan record that only old and diehard United fans will remember.

Basically it was a nothing more than a (Goldbridge) United show on Talk Shite, bundeled in with United and general PL transfer discussion and news.

So it's back to Radio XS Manchester, and never putting Talk Shite on again.

Delighted to note that another supporter, says you "miss a lot" at the game itself, I haven't noticed too many express this view. I avoid the matchday forum as toxic as it is overloaded with posters who miss a lot. I do read the players' performance threads but they have become overloaded with cliques of fans who clearly miss a lot and consider the Bluemoon Forum as the Bluemoon Keyboard Critic's Forum, and delight in negative posts about perceived errors by players which are easily proven false by watching the game or incident on the City website. Dare to disagree or make a positive post about a player and verbal abuse is almost guaranteed.
I am so disgusted with the Sky/BT presentations I don't watch pre or post match, just the match usually with the Manchester radio commentary in the background. Mowbray's commentary was a breath of fresh air and I stayed with it from start to finish.
you do miss a great deal at the match. There are swings and roundabouts though. Being at a match is better for getting an idea of the teams overall shape and what players are doing off the ball. Watching a rerun of the game is better for an analysis of incidents like a rerun of the two CP goals. Sadly, the match day thread is like twitter. Some folk just react in an instant and post whats in their head at a moment in time. If they start with a prejudice against any player, it normally bubbles out at the first opportunity. Its probably best to take a number of inputs before coming to a conclusion about the teams performance in any given game.

For instance, after watching the game at the Etihad, I thought we played poorly in the first half on Saturday. Having watched the game back, I think we were ok (not brilliant but ok) other than the two goals. Control was there for most of the half and chances made. Their first goal was caused by Eddie spilling the ball: Cancelo diving in when he had no need; the actual free kick was a wicked delivery mind and just cleared the first line (Kevin) and after that the pace on it caused mayhem.
Second goal shouldn't have happened at all as there should have been a red for the foul on Cancelo (unmentioned in any media outlet that I have seen!!). Once taken, the corner should have been defended way better. Haaland and Dias were too passive. At the match I probably thought 'That was shit defending' and not much more.

On the other hand, you can't replicate the thrill of seeing Bernie tearing the CP defence a new arse hole by himself when it takes place not 30 yards away from you though. Absolutely brilliant live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.