Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delighted to note that another supporter, says you "miss a lot" at the game itself, I haven't noticed too many express this view. I avoid the matchday forum as toxic as it is overloaded with posters who miss a lot. I do read the players' performance threads but they have become overloaded with cliques of fans who clearly miss a lot and consider the Bluemoon Forum as the Bluemoon Keyboard Critic's Forum, and delight in negative posts about perceived errors by players which are easily proven false by watching the game or incident on the City website. Dare to disagree or make a positive post about a player and verbal abuse is almost guaranteed.
I am so disgusted with the Sky/BT presentations I don't watch pre or post match, just the match usually with the Manchester radio commentary in the background. Mowbray's commentary was a breath of fresh air and I stayed with it from start to finish.

The rise of negative posting is an issue for me.
Shil defence, inverted full backs, slow wingers, Foden and De bruyne poor, get Haaland off at half time, goalkeeper who can't save his pocket money.

Yet I get pelters for disagreeing as you and others do too. It was brilliant on Saturday , I was buzzing on my 3 hour journey home, I feel sorry for those who do not have the ability to understand Pep.

Some only post negative comments ?, are they really City fans.

The rise of negative posting is an issue for me.
Shil defence, inverted full backs, slow wingers, Foden and De bruyne poor, get Haaland off at half time, goalkeeper who can't save his pocket money.

Yet I get pelters for disagreeing as you and others do too. It was brilliant on Saturday , I was buzzing on my 3 hour journey home, I feel sorry for those who do not have the ability to understand Pep.

Some only post negative comments ?, are they really City fans.

It’s full of none city fans taking the piss!? That’s how I get my head around to total shite that’s posting on there for a team under pep and players who have won premier 4 out of five

Had Talk Shite on Yesterday listening to the Forest v Spurs match going to the branch meeting. Left the radio on Talk Shite after stopping the car and going to the branch meeting. Coming home from the meeting, Talk Shite was on, this time with Mark Goldbridge, the Forest/Rag, Youtuber.

The part of the show I listened to included commentary of United's win at Southampton (why?), the transfer hub, United have spent the most on players, 'but have had the best transfer PL window so far', and an old United club/fan record that only old and diehard United fans will remember.

Basically it was a nothing more than a (Goldbridge) United show on Talk Shite, bundeled in with United and general PL transfer discussion and news.

So it's back to Radio XS Manchester, and never putting Talk Shite on again.
I noticed that, think it Saturday evening when driving. Must have been the fella you’ve mentioned and it was nothing more than a United fanzine with the presenter talking to the mic with minimal interaction from anybody apart from a few United fans calling in.

Very strange and could only last for a few minutes. The channel has turned into a none stop Ragfest, a bit like Sky Sports.

I will add that watching on City+ we played well in the first half, except defending the 2 goals, always probing, switching play tiring out the Palace players, giving 100%. Sometimes at the match you get pulled in by the frustrations of the crowd around you. As I said previously, it was good to watch and listen to Mowbray and Morrison on City+.
You are completely right. Glad to see someone else gets it. It was frustrating for the fans, not as incisive as we can be, and some sloppy passing, but on the whole the team held up pretty well after two sucker blows that could have really knocked the confidence out of them. Some changes, new half and we were fine again. Really don't get all this soul-searching on here.

Had Talk Shite on Yesterday listening to the Forest v Spurs match going to the branch meeting. Left the radio on Talk Shite after stopping the car and going to the branch meeting. Coming home from the meeting, Talk Shite was on, this time with Mark Goldbridge, the Forest/Rag, Youtuber.

The part of the show I listened to included commentary of United's win at Southampton (why?), the transfer hub, United have spent the most on players, 'but have had the best transfer PL window so far', and an old United club/fan record that only old and diehard United fans will remember.

Basically it was a nothing more than a (Goldbridge) United show on Talk Shite, bundeled in with United and general PL transfer discussion and news.

So it's back to Radio XS Manchester, and never putting Talk Shite on again.
There were many, and there are still quite a few, who took the piss out of Goldbridge.
Me? I think he's done alright for himself. He's gone from supporting Forest to national radio by talking shite about the rags. I've done that for years but never made a penny.

I must admit on our drive home we never put talksport or 5live on.
We chat about the game with either oasis, liam or noel music in the background.
My lad might watch the highlights on his phone or any dodgy discussion we thought.

Watching both palace goals the first I thought was shit defending but in fact it was a great free kick. The second again shit defending but having seen the forearm 'smash' at least a free kick to City if not a red for palace.

I will rewatch the match on City+ the next day.

If watching City on tv I really dont listen to the commentators it's just a noise.

The matchday thread on here is getting pathetic. I looked in at half time and thought the guys at home must be watching a different game to me in the ground !.

You see alot more of the game in the ground. The players werent shit the system was. Once Pep change it our players played well.

I feel sorry for Walker he was playing a new position, was being given the run around. He didnt look happy. Once Pep sorted it out he looked the player we know he is. The same for alot of the players on Saturday.

Life is so much better when you ignore the British press/media.......an the matchday thread ;)

It’s full of none city fans taking the piss!? That’s how I get my head around to total shite that’s posting on there for a team under pep and players who have won premier 4 out of five
The vast majority who post are City fans. When I am at the match I might turn to my mate and say 'FFS Mahrez that cross was shit', it's a spur of the moment comment. On the matchday forum it is there, for thousands to see as opposed to the bloke sat next to me.

The vast majority who post are City fans. When I am at the match I might turn to my mate and say 'FFS Mahrez that cross was shit', it's a spur of the moment comment. On the matchday forum it is there, for thousands to see as opposed to the bloke sat next to me.

So they post what they think instantly without thinking about wha they posting!! Social media hey

You are completely right. Glad to see someone else gets it. It was frustrating for the fans, not as incisive as we can be, and some sloppy passing, but on the whole the team held up pretty well after two sucker blows that could have really knocked the confidence out of them. Some changes, new half and we were fine again. Really don't get all this soul-searching on here.
I posted for the first time ever on the match day thread and posted a positive comment. I was immediately ripped, some people still dont have a belief that this team can turn results around. Astonishing really.
Dont think I will post on there again, mind.

Its just as 'instantaneous' a reaction for those folk on the forum as it is for you in the ground,it isn't a valid point and it needn't be taken to heart.

The game is what it is because of the weird and wonderful emotion it evokes....don't take it so serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.