Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing the one the other guy is remembering is the game where Corrigan disputed where the penalty spot was, as it had disappeared and they ended up getting a tape measure out and repainting it during the match. Another hammering but only 4-0 that time. Well earlier than the 6-0 though. Maybe ‘77?
The 4-0 at the Baseball Ground was my first City match. Went as a neutral with my City supporting mate.
Thought the referee marched out 10 paces, with the groundsman behind him, waiting to paint a penalty spot with whitewash ?
The game was a great spectacle with both teams playing superb football on a pitch without a blade of grass.
The ground was a shithole mind...

Why not look it up on the home page here? Only takes a few seconds - Home - History - Matches - Season by season.

It always amazes me that people never seem to use this facility, and profess ignorance of dates and seasons of matches. Same with "Players A-Z" on the history pages.

Ok mate. Well this was the post I was replying to. If you could just check I’ve got the right game on the A-Z.

abdb6427d4c73e7318252c206a2e4521.jpg

Because they are just having a conversation, can you imagine that in a pub and the boring **** gets his A-Z of football out and bores you to tears with it, but hey, he would be factually correct?
I would not take much pleasure from that scenario, but I am not referring to an !A-Z of Football". I mean the Bluemoon page which can be consulted in seconds as someone sits at his phone or laptop, merely to check on a season, a match or a player in preparation for posting a comment or historical allusion.

I don't think checking a fact before posting is "boring", but hey, if you want to post something factually incorrect, then be my guest. The pedants on here will always put you right

I think your "pub bore" scenario is a long way from what I was meaning. Meanwhile, I'll carry on checking my facts rather than post fake news.

Because they are just having a conversation, can you imagine that in a pub and the boring **** gets his A-Z of football out and bores you to tears with it, but hey, he would be factually correct?

I do miss the days when you could be in the pub before a game, asking, who remembers going to Forest that time? We took 30,000, won 8-0 and I was that pissed I must have put away 25 pints. You may have got a few disbelieving glances but nobody could prove it didn’t happen.

Try it now and within 30 seconds some killjoy has his phone out and informs you, we actually took 3,452. Got beat 2-0 and you had four pints before falling over and being sick all over your new Tacchini tracksuit.

You could have simply said anyone on YouTube or twitter? ;)
A lot of these fanboys don’t attend games so they have no idea how good players are. You can only see the full pace and power close up. You miss the runs off the ball on TV.
I remember watching Shearer destroy City as a teenage Saints player. He was sensational. No doubt he would be a world-beater. YouTube clips are not enough to judge anyone.

A lot of these fanboys don’t attend games so they have no idea how good players are. You can only see the full pace and power close up. You miss the runs off the ball on TV.
I remember watching Shearer destroy City as a teenage Saints player. He was sensational. No doubt he would be a world-beater. YouTube clips are not enough to judge anyone.
Absolutely correct. I've said much the same about Colin Bell many times. TV clips barely scratch the surface of Colin's talent and stamina. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.