Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not take much pleasure from that scenario, but I am not referring to an !A-Z of Football". I mean the Bluemoon page which can be consulted in seconds as someone sits at his phone or laptop, merely to check on a season, a match or a player in preparation for posting a comment or historical allusion.

I don't think checking a fact before posting is "boring", but hey, if you want to post something factually incorrect, then be my guest. The pedants on here will always put you right

I think your "pub bore" scenario is a long way from what I was meaning. Meanwhile, I'll carry on checking my facts rather than post fake news.
They were having a conversation, do you pause mid-sentence with a colleague at work to double check you are factually correct?

Especially in a do you remember that time when the pitch was covered in 10" of mud and they painted the pen spot on, big joe was in nets, maybe it was 77 or hang on I'll just get my football fact file out and make sure I am correct rather than chatting shit and posting fake news over the water cooler.

Yes, it is the internet but people still chat back and forth and have no immediate thought to go and check the history page on BM during a harmless conversation.

Which pedants are these then, I have only seen the one this morning ;)

ps you still haven't fucking clarified the damned fact either? :)

pps my original post wasn't particularly serious either tbh, no offence as you say

Last edited:
Why not look it up on the home page here? Only takes a few seconds - Home - History - Matches - Season by season.

It always amazes me that people never seem to use this facility, and profess ignorance of dates and seasons of matches. Same with "Players A-Z" on the history pages.
Never knew that existed, just had a look, that’s brilliant, going to use that. It was 2nd Jan 1971, beat non league Wigan 1-0, always thought my first game was 1970!

Packed like sardines is an understatement, didn't some fans spill onto the pitch it was so crowded in there?, 7 months after Hillsborough as well.

A lot of these fanboys don’t attend games so they have no idea how good players are. You can only see the full pace and power close up. You miss the runs off the ball on TV.
I remember watching Shearer destroy City as a teenage Saints player. He was sensational. No doubt he would be a world-beater. YouTube clips are not enough to judge anyone.
Chelsea have just released Ross Barkley, in the flesh, he is an absolute beast, what a waste of a career since moving to Chelsea, so much promise.

Never knew that existed, just had a look, that’s brilliant, going to use that. It was 2nd Jan 1971, beat non league Wigan 1-0, always thought my first game was 1970!
Thanks for a sensible comment on my post about that facility. It's very useful for checking things you weren't sure about, and I'm glad you found it helpful.

Your reply is a pleasant change from some cheap digs about "pub bores", and "getting your phone out in the middle of a conversation", which have bugger all to do with what was merely a suggestion to guide others.

I was merely drawing attention to a useful tool for City fans that they nay not be aware of.

Kudos to you sir.

Please could you look up the date we played Wolves, League Cup 2nd round, won 3-2 after being 2 nil down with ten minutes to go.

I'd do it but it would be much easier for you to do it. :-)

The 4-0 at the Baseball Ground was my first City match. Went as a neutral with my City supporting mate.
Thought the referee marched out 10 paces, with the groundsman behind him, waiting to paint a penalty spot with whitewash ?
The game was a great spectacle with both teams playing superb football on a pitch without a blade of grass.
The ground was a shithole mind...
That's a game that always sticks in my head, went to Derby and then that night I attended my first wife's wedding reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.