Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing Dublin being thick?

Why, because he didn't predict Haaland would have the fastest goalscoring start in PL history?

When I said he'd score 40 league goals I got dozens of City fans telling me he wouldn't get near it.

Dion Dublin said Haaland would be a big success, but scoring PL goals is hard. That's what he actually said.

If that's what you're going to get angry about I would suggest you need more going on in your life.

More than that though, I don't know why people think a pundit is supposed to get everything right? If punditry was a bunch of expros explaining what was going to happen before we watched it happen and then post match was them accurately predicting the future, no one would watch it, it would be shit.

The point of punditry is not to accurately predict the future, it's to make you engage by bringing up opinions for you to agree or disagree with. And it's all totally optional. If you find punditry offensive, you don't have to watch an hour pre and post-match, you don't need to trawl through the Daily Mail headlines from May to find things that were wrong.

This forum, and this thread in particular is absolutely obsessed with hating punditry and commentary on football and seems completely oblivious to the fact the whole point is to get stuff wrong sometimes, and have conflicting opinions or you wouldn't watch/read/listen it, it wouldn't be interesting.

Last edited:
Just out of interest I thought I'd listen to Talkshite to hear what the boiled bollock and Ally McCoist had to say about last night's match, or rather to see how long it would take before it got a mention. Listened from 9am to 10am and it didn't get mentioned once, not even in the news bulletins. They must have realised that literally no City fan ever tunes in apart from mugs like myself who listen to it once every 3 years. Won't make that mistake again.

Just out of interest I thought I'd listen to Talkshite to hear what the boiled bollock and Ally McCoist had to say about last night's match, or rather to see how long it would take before it got a mention. Listened from 9am to 10am and it didn't get mentioned once, not even in the news bulletins. They must have realised that literally no City fan ever tunes in apart from mugs like myself who listen to it once every 3 years. Won't make that mistake again.
May I ask how many times the Red scum and the scouse vermin were mentioned?

May I ask how many times the Red scum and the scouse vermin were mentioned?
Dippers constantly for first half hour - forensic analysis of their time added.
Rags for second half hour - something about their transfers.
A bit of Chelsea, Villa (Slippy G), Arsenal, Leicester, Everton and Spurs thrown in but no mention at all of City.

Why, because he didn't predict Haaland would have the fastest goalscoring start in PL history?

When I said he'd score 40 league goals I got dozens of City fans telling me he wouldn't get near it.

Dion Dublin said Haaland would be a big success, but scoring PL goals is hard. That's what he actually said.

If that's what you're going to get angry about I would suggest you need more going on in your life.

More than that though, I don't know why people think a pundit is supposed to get everything right? If punditry was a bunch of expros explaining what was going to happen before we watched it happen and then post match was them accurately predicting the future, no one would watch it, it would be shit.

The point of punditry is not to accurately predict the future, it's to make you engage by bringing up opinions for you to agree or disagree with. And it's all totally optional. If you find punditry offensive, you don't have to watch an hour pre and post-match, you don't need to trawl through the Daily Mail headlines from May to find things that were wrong.

This forum, and this thread in particular is absolutely obsessed with hating punditry and commentary on football and seems completely oblivious to the fact the whole point is to get stuff wrong sometimes, and have conflicting opinions or you wouldn't watch/read/listen it, it wouldn't be interesting.
Dunno mate like I said I'm guessing.

To be fair they did but it was at 0630.
It popped up in my YouTube feed.
Brazil asking McCoist how do teams stop Haaland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.