Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk sport gets trashed on here, in all honesty the vast majority of the presenters, do not rubbish the club, with a few notable agenda driven exceptions.

I tend to agree with this. It is what it is, designed to provoke controversy and filled with over the top outlandish statements - a lot of which I completely disagree with.

They go to town on the rags as well though, every bit as much as us. Anyone really, where they can provoke a reaction and listener engagement that's a job done. So long as you can accept it for what it is, by in large its quite an easy listen.

The only one presenter I really can't stand is Simon Jordan, ironically he's the pinnacle of what Talksport represents but the rest of them sound like blokes down a pub discussing their favourite teams where as Jordan sounds like an arrogant know it all when in actual fact he's a rambling idiot. He's articulate in how he puts across his views, which ultimately people sadly buy in to.

@SebastianBlue whilst it's true that there is a sell on clause for Alfies lad, the media don't like admitting the full clause.
Yes he can go for 150 million but, there's always a but, it can only be activated if we fail to qualify for the Champs League 2 years in a row.
When they tell us he's off to Madrid in 2 years the pundits always forget that last part.
Cheers — now I’m off to stop the free climbing…

“City have spent £50 million for a player to sit on the bench”
Merson on KDB.
Every time I watch this it makes my heart sing!

There is a reason they are 'pundits' on SKY TV and that's because they are washed
up bums who didn't have a brain cell between them and now need to earn a few quid
whatever way they can. You can only pity them for what they are.

Alistair Mann, lovely bloke, but does he ever realise that less is more and shut the fuck up for 5 seconds? Just let us sit back and enjoy!
Watched the Forest match again last night. Had to turn the sound off, not Mann, I just couln't do with 'The Goat's" inaudible waffling. Made Michael Brown sound good if that's possible. Whinge, whine yeah I know.

Erm, both Rushden and Glendenning write for the left wing Guardian and are never shy of stating their political leanings on their show!
They even had Kier Starmer on as a guest once. No politics were discussed, they talked about grassroots football and then had a laugh and a joke, all lefty pals together having a right old giggle.

Really pissed me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.