Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very noticable that the narrative and discussion of the 'net spend' of Premier League clubs has dropped significantly down the agenda of the media hacks these days. I wonder why that is?

Because Since Pep been here our net spend is better than Liverpool and we won a lot more trophies than them we win the champs league Klopps tenure at Liverpool will look as good as Leicester’s

I think firms like SKY have missed the boat. They have failed to see the transformation of English football happening in front of their eyes. Sky is still trapped in the 1990s from their underdressed female presenters to their schedules full of retro matches involving LFC, MUFC, and sometimes the old Arsenal team.
They have also failed to capitalise on the rapid growth of the PL in the USA, spearheaded by teams like City and Chelsea. The explosion of digital pay-per-view broadcasting by the clubs themselves and also commercial content giants like Amazon Prime will kill them. SKY, with its fixation on the past and its sneering tone about "new money" City, had a head start on everyone.... but they have blown it.
Love this post

I missed it endlessly chasing down my toddler that just this week learned to walk, then jog — what’s his buy out clause set at?
@SebastianBlue whilst it's true that there is a sell on clause for Alfies lad, the media don't like admitting the full clause.
Yes he can go for 150 million but, there's always a but, it can only be activated if we fail to qualify for the Champs League 2 years in a row.
When they tell us he's off to Madrid in 2 years the pundits always forget that last part.

It's very noticable that the narrative and discussion of the 'net spend' of Premier League clubs has dropped significantly down the agenda of the media hacks these days. I wonder why that is?
Yeah, we recoup a league high in sales and it's buried somewhere deep down underneath the latest Rag and Dipper acquisitions.

You’d think the media would learn about declaring our signings failures before they even step foot on the pitch…

But then “city sign another great player” won’t get enough clicks will it?
If they don't get the failure line in right at the start they'll with very few exceptions never get chance to use it.

@SebastianBlue whilst it's true that there is a sell on clause for Alfies lad, the media don't like admitting the full clause.
Yes he can go for 150 million but, there's always a but, it can only be activated if we fail to qualify for the Champs League 2 years in a row.
When they tell us he's off to Madrid in 2 years the pundits always forget that last part.
The player will only go if said player wants to go.They don't understand fuck all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.