Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Only followers of domestic German football would have had any idea who he was, never mind if he was any good.
We tried to sign him from Chelsea for £18 million
I would guess that was the point at which every blue knew who he was.

With DeBruyne, let’s be honest, how many City fans were bouncing up and down with excitement at the time? It was a very lot of money to pay for a player approaching his mid 20s who’d done nothing on a big stage by that point.

wtf-is-that-confused.gif

Not really. Only followers of domestic German football would have had any idea who he was, never mind if he was any good.
I watched him against Inter in some random Europa league match when I was having lunch in a sports bar when he was at Wolfsburg. Not only was he instantly recognizable as the gingery-est ginger on the pitch, but he completely bossed the game. Later that year when we were after him I was thrilled, though I thought we paid an awful lot.

He's not insane. He's an intelligent person who HATES everything our club stands for and he uses his position to paint us in the worst light possible. He's relentless and he isn't going to go away just because of a few posts on here. You either ignore him or challenge him on Twitter. He knows exactly what he's doing. I can't stand the blinkered fucker.
He’s a one-trick pony and a second rate journalist who’s reached the apex of his value-add in a world where clicks not content are what matters. He’s also been fucking wrong about a LOT. He’s almost never thoughtful; he almost never advances the discussion. He’s poor at his job and he’ll never find a better one until Tariq Panja gets canned and the NYT hires him.

Meanwhile, in a summer when City have been outspent by several clubs and broke the league’s all time record for transfer income, Delooney has written his article yet again.
Despite the above facts and a huge net spend, his personal bitterness and obsession meant he just had to shoehorn us into an article about the ‘obscene’ £1.9bn spent by PL clubs this season.
Of course, it comes complete with a dig about Haaland’s fee and the supposed wages and agents fees - both considerably less than what united shelled out when Ronaldo. And the same sort of snide, baseless hinting at off the books payments that only the most deluded redshirt cultists spout on Twitter.
If they hated City before, then the sheer magnificence of the Nordic Meat Shield, and his decision to join the club he supported as a boy has sent them over the edge. It’s City sticking it to the haters and shills but twisting the knife as well. And and it’s absolutely glorious

View attachment 54645
But what’s this? A new twist?
Yes, Delooney is now blaming City for rising fuel prices and the cost of living crisis!!!

View attachment 54647
I thought ‘No, he really hasn’t gone there.’
I thought even he wouldn’t be that batshit insane, that he wouldn’t jump that shark
But yes, he really has

View attachment 54646

His head has completely gone. He genuinely needs to be sectioned
Sigh. Well, I suppose you could say, at least he's trying...

Just wanted to post something from Sky that actually paints us in a favourable light, the showstopping chart from the article is below. Feel free to share it with anyone you know that spouts off nonsense about us ”spending billions” to win the league this season.

7106-D39-A-013-B-495-A-BD9-E-FC06-F745-A392.jpg
Isn't that a net differential of almost half a billion in one window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.