Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Openly advocating for a player to injure Haaland.

Classy.
To be honest it's the next trick in the book most teams will try anyway - yes it's disgusting to spout it on the BBC (or any other media), but teams will be looking how to handle Haaland and I'm afraid it's an option for lesser players.
Trouble they'll find is it's tricky to "leave one on him" when currently his touches are fairly few unless he's sticking it in the net :D

The club should let it be known they'll not be doing any BBC interviews today.
I agree with this. When you think of all the laudable content the BBC pushes on anti-racism, women's football, head injuries for players, wellbeing and health. Why is it acceptable to carry a piece urging players to injure Haaland? They just would not do this about a United or Liverpool player. I think Pep will be disgusted.

I agree with this. When you think of all the laudable content the BBC pushes on anti-racism, women's football, head injuries for players, wellbeing and health. Why is it acceptable to carry a piece urging players to injure Haaland? They just would not do this about a United or Liverpool player. I think Pep will be disgusted.
It's a disgrace that a former professional should be advocating hurting another professional and a double disgrace that the national broadcaster doesn't see anything wrong with highlighting his comments. But does anyone seriously expect better from the BBC where we're concerned?

Don’t recall the same said against Rooney or Salah, Mane, Kane etc.
Because it wasn’t. No pundit at any of the major English, Spanish, or American football media outlets I am aware of ever suggested injurying them to stop them scoring.

This is as obvious an example of the agenda against the club as you can get.

Maybe time for a combined effort to call the cnuts at the BBC out by highlighting and questioning it on social media..
It's about time the club said or preferably did something about it. That is just unacceptable and needs to be called out. But we won't will we? We will just sit there all passive and take the abuse like we usually do. If the club is not prepared to speak up about about it and stop it then it will just continue. The more they get away with it the worse it will get, just like it has over the last the few years. The media and its 'pundits' know we are a very easy target at who they can just sit back and take pot shots at without any recourse. It's our own fault nobody else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.