Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he's intelligent. He's a calculating, sinister little louse. As I said, he has an agenda and he's making it public whenever he can. I can't stand him and wish he'd fuck off to never never land but doesn't mean I think he's thick.
I have previously posted about his pitifully poor critical thinking skills and inability to grasp complex and nuanced arguments.

He is of around average intelligence at best, which through the prism of the job he holds makes him stupid. It’s actually astonishing to me that someone so manifestly lacking in intellect holds the position he does, but his professional standing does not of itself demonstrate his intelligence, but rather his output within that role, which displays a conspicuous inability to advance an argument in a balanced, considered and well thought out way. The fact he is calculating is neither here nor there. Plenty of calculating people are thick.

Last edited:
You can pretty well plot his complete change of approach to the days between winning the title at Brighton (where he was pretty complimentary) and the Watford FA Cup Final in 2019 (where he seemed to have turned on us). Someone or something got to him in those few days.

The press conference after that FA Cup Final was also the one where Rob Harris opened with his infamous question about under-the-table payments. It's hard not to conclude that someone, somewhere flicked a metaphorical switch.
That's really interesting because (without checking the full timeline) isn't that the period when UEFA were actively investigating us and leaks were coming out to damage us? There were also a lot of private negative media briefings coming from our rivals LFC and MUFC during that period. Rob Harris was certainly one of the recipients. Perhaps he shared information with Delaney, Ian Herbert,Panja, and the rest of the little clique. They all did seem to be acting in unison. One phrase from Khaldoon springs to mind...."Clear and organised."

The BBC thought fit to tweet this....

Disgusting.

Encouraging players to injure our players is not a joke. I have never seen anything like this on any mainstream channel before. Is this how toxic the BBC has become? Can you imagine them saying this about any other team. I am old enough to remember the 60s and 70s when young talented players were often clogged out the game with career-finishing tackles. Oh how we laughed at Norman "bite your legs" Hunter. Except we didn't because cloggers like him were despised by most fans. It really wasn't funny seeing Eusebio and Pele kicked out of World Cups.

It's sad state of affairs when the only answer and comments on playing against one of World football's most exciting prospects and talents, is to have experts, encouraged by our sport's media, coming out with things like "take a red ", "rough him up", "leave one on him".
It's what they have been advocating other teams do to us for a number of seasons now and players have been getting away with it.

That's really interesting because (without checking the full timeline) isn't that the period when UEFA were actively investigating us and leaks were coming out to damage us? There were also a lot of private negative media briefings coming from our rivals LFC and MUFC during that period. Rob Harris was certainly one of the recipients. Perhaps he shared information with Delaney, Ian Herbert,Panja, and the rest of the little clique. They all did seem to be acting in unison. One phrase from Khaldoon springs to mind...."Clear and organised."

Was it before or after he started working with Qatar?

Encouraging players to injure our players is not a joke. I have never seen anything like this on any mainstream channel before. Is this how toxic the BBC has become? Can you imagine them saying this about any other team. I am old enough to remember the 60s and 70s when young talented players were often clogged out the game with career-finishing tackles. Oh how we laughed at Norman "bite your legs" Hunter. Except we didn't because cloggers like him were despised by most fans. It really wasn't funny seeing Eusebio and Pele kicked out of World Cups.

The club should let it be known they'll not be doing any BBC interviews today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.