Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about time the club said or preferably did something about it. That is just unacceptable and needs to be called out. But we won't will we? We will just sit there all passive and take the abuse like we usually do. If the club is not prepared to speak up about about it and stop it then it will just continue. The more they get away with it the worse it will get, just like it has over the last the few years. The media and its 'pundits' know we are a very easy target at who they can just sit back and take pot shots at without any recourse. It's our own fault nobody else's.
Pep already has called them out but it has fallen on deaf ears and they continue to take pot shots and make inciteful comments like Keown's and Murphy's. Best thing is let the us do the talking on the pitch

To be honest it's the next trick in the book most teams will try anyway - yes it's disgusting to spout it on the BBC (or any other media), but teams will be looking how to handle Haaland and I'm afraid it's an option for lesser players.
Trouble they'll find is it's tricky to "leave one on him" when currently his touches are fairly few unless he's sticking it in the net :D
It's part of the game still. Although I pity the man that thinks he can take Haaland out.

Pep already has called them out but it has fallen on deaf ears and they continue to do so. Best thing is let the us do the talking on the pitch
Disagree mate. The club needs to call it out and take action. Not Pep in his press conferences. We are just the media whipping boys because we allow it to happen. There is absolutely no chance Liverpool would have put up with what Keown has said about Salah. None. And I don't blame them. What he has said live on the BBC is completely unacceptable. If the club don't stop it then it will continue to happen. The blame is with the club fair and square.

As City generally do not dive or feign injury, our players (KDB recently) are almost seen as fair game for aggressive, sometimes dangerous challenges.
Both Keown and Williams were adept at "reducers" and aggressive/dirty challenges.
Why would they not advocate this approach against Liverpool or most other teams' top players ?
It is obvious why they do not and Alex Scott or any other football "anchor" such as Lineker, should ask this question and demand an answer ???
Remember Buzzer going through a period of all out assault, credit to him, he could leave his mark in response.

Delaney may well be intelligent. He has a degree in journalism after all, as he kept reminding someone.

But it's so, so easy to make him look like a gormless, thick twat. If you are genuinely intelligent, you have the ability to marshal facts, form a coherent argument and understand someone else's point of view, maybe even find significant common ground. But he's just a troll who appears to possess none of those abilities.

Therefore one can only conclude he genuinely is a gormless, thick twat.
I think you're being a bit harsh on trolls.

Disagree mate. The club needs to call it out and take action. Not Pep in his press conferences. We are just the media whipping boys because we allow it to happen. There is absolutely no chance Liverpool would have put up with what Keown has said about Salah. None. And I don't blame them. What he has said live on the BBC is completely unacceptable. If the club don't stop it then it will continue to happen. The blame is with the club fair and square.
If the club does the same as what Pep had done it would be the same outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.