Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the lockdown game v Villa at ours, when Bernardo came back from an offside position, robbed Mings then we scored? The media wanted that goal disallowed, so PGMOL changed the interpretation of the law to rule out goals where someone had come back from an offside position.

When Coutinho does exactly that, and a goal against us is ruled out, the media scream that it's unfair and the law is wrong, totally forgetting they screamed exactly the opposite a couple of years ago.

Those two incidents were far from similar. The interpretation change following the Rodri incident dealt specifically with a player coming back from an offside position and “immediately impacts on an opponent who has deliberately played the ball”supposedly safe in the knowledge that he was offside and couldn’t challenge him.

Courtinho never challenged a City player. He simply received a pass in an onside position, having come back from an offside position. That has never been offside under any interpretations.

Government has been warned about Rwanda's human rights record,well isn't the Rwandan's tourist board one of the sponsors of arsenal and have the sponsorship on the arms of the shirts,it just get ignored and fuck all gets said,it pisses me off about the hypocrisy of sports journalism in this country
Rwanda and Arsenal, Saudi Arabia and United, Gasprom and Chelsea, Standard Chartered and Liverpool … there’s something about all of them yet the likes of Delaney, who is basically employed by Russian and Saudi owners, doesn’t think it’s worth mentioning and prefers to move against one of the more tolerant Middle East areas.

Oh, and he really is a little wanker.

I played a game at uni with a lad who was severely hungover even at 2pm but unilaterally decided to drop a gram of speed beforehand, to see if it was performance enhancing
He ran about like a lunatic for 15 minutes then collapsed, hurling his guts out and shaking like a shitting dog, almost on the verge of cardiac arrest
Sometimes the simple solutions aren’t actually the best
PS this was the law society team…
Lawyers!

Those two incidents were far from similar. The interpretation change following the Rodri incident dealt specifically with a player coming back from an offside position and “immediately impacts on an opponent who has deliberately played the ball”supposedly safe in the knowledge that he was offside and couldn’t challenge him.

Courtinho never challenged a City player. He simply received a pass in an onside position, having come back from an offside position. That has never been offside under any interpretations.
I'll happily accept your explanation in the first paragraph but not the second. As I said earlier in the thread, I recall that David Silva was flagged offside, in the opening game of the 2019 season at West Ham, when he came back from an offside position to receive a pass.

I'll happily accept your explanation in the first paragraph but not the second. As I said earlier in the thread, I recall that David Silva was flagged offside, in the opening game of the 2019 season at West Ham, when he came back from an offside position to receive a pass.

I do remember that game. Sterling or Jesus possibly were involved in probably the first ever controversial VAR offside decision, yes? I’m afraid I’ve no recollection of the Silva incident though, so I can’t comment on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.