Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Government has been warned about Rwanda's human rights record,well isn't the Rwandan's tourist board one of the sponsors of arsenal and have the sponsorship on the arms of the shirts,it just get ignored and fuck all gets said,it pisses me off about the hypocrisy of sports journalism in this country

Burnham will eventually make a run for the Labour leadership, that was always his plan. And Neville, having announced recently he has joined Labour, will probably have a go at becoming his successor. Though his blatant links to united and Chinese buy to let investors mean it would be far from certain he would get in
Ratboy couldn't manage Valencia how's he going to manage Manchester the silly ****?

Looking at past Lord Mayors and the present one I dont think you need any special skills to be Lord Mayor. Now to be a football manager you do need some skills and it was obvious little Gaz didn't have them in the few weeks he tried, dismally.
Edit. This was a reply to @Inter Me Nan
He would not be Lord Mayor, he would be trying for Andy Burnham’s job as en elected mayor, as below :)

An elected Mayor (or a 'Metro Mayor') is a city-region leader directly elected by the people. The Localism Act (2011) made the provision for the creation of directly elected mayors. A Lord Mayor or Civic Mayor is a ceremonial representative with no formal powers.

2 rules I'd immediately change in football are:

1. Scrap Offside completely. It gives needless advantages to a defending team for absolutely no sensible reason and the judging of it and the disallowing of great goals just cannot be justified any longer. This is an entertainment businesses and being caught offside or pmaying offside offers no entertainment whatsoever.

2. Scrap Penalty Kicks and introduce Penalty goals for when a foul or handball has stopped a certain goal. This would in an instant end players diving to win penalties and penalties being awarded for non goal preventing handballs. If it's an intentional handball then as in any other part of the field of play it's merely a free kick. If the hand ball was like Suarez in the World Cup and effectively a save then there is a goal awarded.

Just those 2 things would cut back on cheating and any bloody need for VAR anyway and I can guarantee it would be a better watch.
How would it stop diving? You’ve just guaranteed a goal not even a pen.

2 rules I'd immediately change in football are:

1. Scrap Offside completely. It gives needless advantages to a defending team for absolutely no sensible reason and the judging of it and the disallowing of great goals just cannot be justified any longer. This is an entertainment businesses and being caught offside or pmaying offside offers no entertainment whatsoever.

2. Scrap Penalty Kicks and introduce Penalty goals for when a foul or handball has stopped a certain goal. This would in an instant end players diving to win penalties and penalties being awarded for non goal preventing handballs. If it's an intentional handball then as in any other part of the field of play it's merely a free kick. If the hand ball was like Suarez in the World Cup and effectively a save then there is a goal awarded.

Just those 2 things would cut back on cheating and any bloody need for VAR anyway and I can guarantee it would be a better watch.

I’ve seen a pre season game played with no off side. I think it was part of an Anglo- Scottish pre season competition. I’ve also played in an amateur football pre season tournament with no off side. On both occasions it was farcical and it most certainly didn’t add to the entertainment value.

Your second point doesn’t really make much sense, as it suggests no players ever dive for free kicks currently. I also think you’re s bit misguided if you think a referee having to decide if a foul had stopped a “certain goal” would be without controversy.

Ratboy couldn't manage Valencia how's he going to manage Manchester the silly ****?
I think you will find he managed Valencia very well.
When he left he certainly had more money in his bank account than when he arrived 6 months earlier.
I have always said that was straight forward money laundering. Peter Lam needed money out the club ..........

I think I have to insert the word allegedly in there somewhere.

I’ve seen a pre season game played with no off side. I think it was part of an Anglo- Scottish pre season competition. I’ve also played in an amateur football pre season tournament with no off side. On both occasions it was farcical and it most certainly didn’t add to the entertainment value.

Your second point doesn’t really make much sense, as it suggests no players ever dive for free kicks currently. I also think you’re s bit misguided if you think a referee having to decide if a foul had stopped a “certain goal” would be without controversy.

Well done on giving a serious reply to that absolute nonsense.

I tried but then deleted it.

Government has been warned about Rwanda's human rights record,well isn't the Rwandan's tourist board one of the sponsors of arsenal and have the sponsorship on the arms of the shirts,it just get ignored and fuck all gets said,it pisses me off about the hypocrisy of sports journalism in this country
We sent aid to Rwanda. Part of which they spent on sleeve and hoarding sponsorship at Arsenal
Double bubble state funding, but little or no mention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.