Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pissed on in the Gene Kelly stand whilst being dicked at home.

Those were the days...

:)
The wanchope comeback against Preston, minutes silence in the Gene Kelly was ruined…by all the piss wet ponchos flapping about in the wind. At 0-1 down and soaking wet it was turning into a pretty shit day.

Reactions: mat
He's be mad not to have a release clause. Look at what happened to Harry Kane last summer, and presumably BErnado this summer. It's nothing to worry about. If we wants to stay he'll stay, and we are very good at making players want to stay.
Yeah, it's perfectly possible that the release clause was a safety mechanism in case things start going wrong at City in two or three years' time.

Let’s face it, all this media “speculation” is used to unsettle Manchester City which includes the manager, players and supporters. I am of the same opinion of many who believe that Erling will have a release clause in his contract, but that doesn’t mean that he will leave in 2024 or whatever year it kicks in. If he is happy here, he will stay and if he is desperate to go, as sad as it may be, there is no point in trying to keep a player who has no desire to play for the club.

You only have to look back at ”rumours” reporting that Aguero, David Silva and Yaya wanted moves away (possibly true in the case of the latter), but how long did they all stay at the club?

If the media, social media posters, dippers and anybody else need to invent click bait to try and cause disharmony just ignore it. I simply call it unprofessional jealousy.
Exactly, Aguero was off to Real Madrid every transfer window iirc

What is the big issue with this release clause.

If he doesn’t want to stay then as long as another club pays his worth then he will go whether he has one or not.

We don’t keep unhappy players.

Exactly. He was in a position to negotiate whatever he wanted last year and City would have no choice but to offer him one. All the big names have them - not only does it give him the flexibility to leave, it keeps his salary high when he does. There are no guarantees that City are still what they are today in a couple of years. It really doesn't matter one little bit.
I'm sure that it was reported that the release clause in Haaland 's contract could only be activated it City were relegated
It sounds daft, but obviously an insurance policy if ever the club was found guilty of anything underhand financially or Juventus esq

I'm sure that it was reported that the release clause in Haaland 's contract could only be activated it City were relegated
It sounds daft, but obviously an insurance policy if ever the club was found guilty of anything underhand financially or Juventus esq
I think someone on here said that... Haaland's release clause is only "activated" if City don't qualify for the Champions League two years in a row. Which could probably only happen if we got banned by UEFA (famous last words!)

Clause or no clause who knows ?

People seem to think the British press/media will persuade Haaland to leave as soon as he can.

Haaland and his team will make his own decision.

Why do people worry and give the press/media time ?

It's odd that the worlds biggest star playing in the biggest league, yet the press/media want him gone lol.

If Haaland had signed for the red tops this wouldnt be a story. Just ignore the press/media. Turn the match on at ko time and off on the final whistle if you arent at the match :)

When we go to games its oasis on in the car there and back. We have seen the game dont need talksport or 5live to tell me what I should be thinking !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.