Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be actually be more surprising if he did not have one. The lad is the hottest talent in football and by having these buy out clauses he is able to decide his own destiny and, if I took my City hat off, moving round the top leagues sounds a great way of managing your career. Worst case scenario we get a great player for a number of years and then make a substantial profit to reinvest to replace him, if he decides to leave.
Exactly. He was in a position to negotiate whatever he wanted last year and City would have no choice but to offer him one. All the big names have them - not only does it give him the flexibility to leave, it keeps his salary high when he does. There are no guarantees that City are still what they are today in a couple of years. It really doesn't matter one little bit.

I can only think that someone handed Souness that stat on a bit of paper and he didn't stop long enough to think about it, he's much more intelligent than that normally.
Here is something to try. I have just asked Alexa " how many goals has Erling Haaland scored " The answer I got was " this season Erling Haaland has not scored any goals for Manchester City in the Premier League " Unbelievable Jeff!

No, Pep said he didn't have a clause for Madrid or any (other) club.

I think in context and knowing what jounalists close to him are reporting he means there's no clause for any individual club.
I take your point that Pep's comment could have different interpretations. I took it to mean there was no release clause at all but it could well be as you say. I agree that Pol Ballus has a good track record regarding City although the Mail article just said that "The Athletic have now reported..." without mentiong Ballus as the author.

I can only think that someone handed Souness that stat on a bit of paper and he didn't stop long enough to think about it, he's much more intelligent than that normally.
Here is my take on the possible numbers that Erling could get. He is currently on 196 total goals. If and it is a big if he plays for say 15 seasons and scores an average of 40 goals a season he could score 900 goals! A scary stat - just let us hope the majority are for us!

Here is my take on the possible numbers that Erling could get. He is currently on 196 total goals. If and it is a big if he plays for say 15 seasons and scores an average of 40 goals a season he could score 900 goals! A scary stat - just let us hope the majority are for us!
OK my maths isn't that great - 800!

Bit of a curate's egg, this article. Written for an Irish audience but largely positive. The journo falls into the trap of using some of the old tropes (state-owned etc) but, in fairness not in a snide or pejorative way.

Worth a read, I thilnk, mostly because it's indicative of how attitudes to City are changing. Five or ten years ago, we all know this would have been a hatchet job. Twenty years ago, it wouldn't have been published.

I hope the link works after all that ;-)

i hope if haaland wants to leave in 2 years city dont act like psg,if he wants to go let him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.