Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in saying this anonymous Ukranian activist isn't calling for any widespread action against UAE. No government sanctions, no international investigations, no UN action.

Just to look into Mansour owning a football club, everything else is OK.

Suspicious.
I’ve just said this to a whopper on Twitter and he accused me of gaslighting Ukrainian victims of war. I’m accusing guardian of making up quotes to sell a story on the eve of another big City game. They do it every time. City need to ban the fuckers.

We are expected to believe that Sheikh Mansour, who has a purely ceremonial role as one of three deputy prime ministers in the UAE and no official executive powers, and is based in Abu Dhabi, should somehow control where people moor their superyachts in Dubai marina. Meanwhile there are no sanctions operating in Dubai and presumably rich Russians have moored their yachts there for decades so this would be irrelevant to any sanctions operating in the UK. And the whole story is based on an anonymous human rights worker in Ukraine.
So the Guardian have published it without any checks or balancing comments from any other parties. They have published it with no context or background and no comments to confirm if it is true or not. They are so desperate they have used the random angle that an unnamed person has "asked the PL" to investigate Sheikh Mansour. It is ridiculous, basically fake news. It is the sort of shite even the Daily Star would not publish.
I’m so glad I wasn’t the only one to see right through this bullshit article. Distancing themselves from blaming Mansour, but still putting his name to their allegations. Easiest job in the world working as a journalist for the guardian.

However, they added: “For the avoidance of doubt, we do not positively aver that Sheikh Mansour has undertaken any such conduct which may bring him within the scope of the UK sanctions regime”.

People defend the club's handling of the press but I see Haaland earning 900k/week is now being treated as fact by the wider media and social media, because the Mail reported it and the club did not counter it either on the record or via briefing other numbers to journalists.

On the other hand, once you start denying rumours, the very first time you don't deny a rumour, you give credence to the assumption that it is true.

I just don't think Mansour cares what the press write, and that is probably a pretty healthy attitude. None of it is affecting the value of his investment by the look of it.

These fuckwits on social media and that nottingham united wanker now on talksport have gone into anti City overdrive. They have extended Klopps rhetoric of we can "do financially what we want" to we are fucking cheats and everybody knows it and were ruining football and the authorities need to do something. De looney and the WhatsApp gang are busy trying to get in on it on their coat tails.

I think it's certainly within the boundaries of "slander" and our legal department should be having a word in certain tosspots ears. There tended to be a red line they wouldnt cross previously but either emboldened by Bingos utterances or our lack of action, they think they can say what they want without reprisal. Its gone beyond all reasonableness and onto out and out City hatred and We need to make an example out of one of these bottom feeders so the rest keep their tawdry twitter wet dreams to themselves.

I'd love it to be De Cesaris the ex copper rag **** or uncle Fester Irish fat twat Craig from Anfield agenda. We should be asking for a full retraction on their shitty platforms or we'll sue the arse off them.
I'm tired of this nonsense from illiterates who can't or won't read a court judgement to be properly informed or at least using kindergarten maths, calculate that only 15% of our income comes from middle Eastern sponsors.
But none of them cares or is bothered about our likkle club apart from them crying about our finances 24/7. They are utterly pathetic.

These fuckwits on social media and that nottingham united wanker now on talksport have gone into anti City overdrive. They have extended Klopps rhetoric of we can "do financially what we want" to we are fucking cheats and everybody knows it and were ruining football and the authorities need to do something. De looney and the WhatsApp gang are busy trying to get in on it on their coat tails.

I think it's certainly within the boundaries of "slander" and our legal department should be having a word in certain tosspots ears. There tended to be a red line they wouldnt cross previously but either emboldened by Bingos utterances or our lack of action, they think they can say what they want without reprisal. Its gone beyond all reasonableness and onto out and out City hatred and We need to make an example out of one of these bottom feeders so the rest keep their tawdry twitter wet dreams to themselves.

I'd love it to be De Cesaris the ex copper rag **** or uncle Fester Irish fat twat Craig from Anfield agenda. We should be asking for a full retraction on their shitty platforms or we'll sue the arse off them.
I'm tired of this nonsense from illiterates who can't or won't read a court judgement to be properly informed or at least using kindergarten maths, calculate that only 15% of our income comes from middle Eastern sponsors.
But none of them cares or is bothered about our likkle club apart from them crying about our finances 24/7. They are utterly pathetic.
It's systematic vilification, the insidious unacceptable face of the disinformation highway. With a new press team we have to really start thinking out of the box to come up with an antedote to this malignant all pervading inpregnation of the very fabric of our democracy. We need to be smarter and more savvy.

Yes it would be nice to put down a marker and make an example of the scrotes you mention....that of course risks the accusation of shutting down free speech to the masses.
I think we could get some tips from the Ukrainian's handling of social media. Also look at what the Sandy Hook parents have just done to Alex Jones
As some wise nut said..
The great thing about the internet is it allows everyone to voice their opinions.....the bad thing is that it allows.......

Or maybe we just need to keep winning....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.