Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
xenophobia generally means prejudice

Xenophobia has a meaning, you can't just invent a new one to make Klopp's quotes xenophobic.

Klopp did not mention the race or background of anyone.

He is clearly prejudiced against multibillionaire owners who invest heavily in their clubs, we know that because he detailed at large what his "issue" is - the amount of money. Pretending there's a racial element to any criticism he made on Friday is completely dishonest.

The borderline xenophobia comment is pretty cringeworthy to be honest, Klopp didn't go within a country mile of bringing race or nationality into it. Sure, plenty of the criticism of ADUG and Mansour veers into xenophobic and even occasionally islamaphobic territory, but Klopp's comments on Friday didn't.

If they're upset with his comments I wish they'd make an official complaint, this leaking stuff to the press comes across as very weak.
To be fair when he keeps saying "State owned",which is factually untrue, and slanderous.And only referring to 2,3 teams.

It appears he is only talking about Clubs with Arab owners.Rather than American owners.

Just my opinion.

So yes,i understand where this comment is coming from

To be fair when he keeps saying "State owned",which is factually untrue, and slanderous.And only referring to 2,3 teams.

It appears he is only talking about Clubs with Arab owners.Rather than American owners.

Just my opinion.

So yes,i understand where this comment is coming from

Sue him for slander then, don't whine about it to the Times.

Either he's doing something actionable, or he's not. If the club think he's breaking some FA rules or even the law, they need to take action and if he's not, they need to get over it, or say something back themselves instead of hiding behind Martin Ziegler.

Xenophobia has a meaning, you can't just invent a new one to make Klopp's quotes xenophobic.

Klopp did not mention the race or background of anyone.

He is clearly prejudiced against multibillionaire owners who invest heavily in their clubs, we know that because he detailed at large what his "issue" is - the amount of money. Pretending there's a racial element to any criticism he made on Friday is completely dishonest.
"dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries."

I only heard him complain about the spending of 3 clubs who all just happen to be from the middle east, why didn't he name check Real Madrid, Chelsea or United if he's that concerned?

"dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries."

I only heard him complain about the spending of 3 clubs who all just happen to be from the middle east, why didn't he name check Real Madrid, Chelsea or United if he's that concerned?

Because he doesn't think they are spending unlimited money.

If the Panamanian sovereign wealth fund and the Norweigian sovereign wealth fund bought Burnley and Fulham respectively and invested a few billion, knocking Liverpool down the table, do you think Klopp would be OK with it?

No, of course he wouldn't. Because he doesn't have anything against people from the Middle East, he has a problem with what he thinks is overinvestment from owners with essentially limitless wealth.

How do we know that's his problem? Because he literaly spent 20 fucking minutes explaining his problem on Friday in the press conference apparently none of you accusing him of xenophobia bothered to watch.

Like I said very clearly in my original comment, lots of criticism of City over the years has had an anti-arab or islamaphobic bent to it, but this categorically didn't and it's completely dishonest to pretend otherwise.

I know tensions are high after yesterday but I can't believe people are seriously arguing that Klopp is prejudiced against Arabs/the Middle East.

Last edited:
The borderline xenophobia comment is pretty cringeworthy to be honest, Klopp didn't go within a country mile of bringing race or nationality into it. Sure, plenty of the criticism of ADUG and Mansour veers into xenophobic and even occasionally islamaphobic territory, but Klopp's comments on Friday didn't.

Really? I often wonder what City, PSG and Newcastle have in common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.