Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now you're just trolling him.

If one of our players came out as gay would you still sing the rent boys song or would you feel even slightly uncomfortable?
No I’m not, stop using silly internet words that children use.

I’m not the one linking calling Chelsea rent boys to gay people generally, he is and now you are.

If one of our players came out as gay I’d applaud him for doing so, I’d still call Chelsea rent boys and I don’t think he would be arsed.

This is the Guardian! What should (stress should) be a quality broadsheet with excellent writing and no mistakes (not saying I have ever been an avid reader). It shows you how far the journalist trade has fallen through being online and on social media. There is so much content nowadays, every single hour, that there is not a chance that every article is copy checked before publishing, so "journos" can now publish what they want without any fear of being fact checked, it then gets into the public domain and people will take what they want from the articles (through whatever lens they want). Basically to be a journalist you need to write whatever you want to tow the party line for your particular outlet as there is no real quality checking any more

Oh and if wrong the article will get lots of traction from fans telling him he is wrong it’s win win writing lies and bullshit

I always thought the insult was selling your body for money & nothing do with sexual preference?

Personally I’ve never liked it, I’m not offended although I did think the idea of singing songs of your opposition was to cause offence.
I thought it was a young male prostitute, who was cheap.

If it was “Chelsea <insert f word that’s very offensive>” then I’d absolutely agree with Chris but I can’t agree that rent boys is a homophobic slur, otherwise we’re linking it to gay people being prostitutes generally.

You’re actually indirectly suggesting being gay makes you a rent boy.

You are attempting to trivialise a term that is clearly intended as derogatory based on their lifestyle choice and sexual preference.It can only be described as homophobic when the term for someone who takes it up the arse is used as a direct insult and an attempt to belittle.

Its banter,but i can also accept that the gay community will find it very demeaning and hurtful.

Maybe I’m naive but I always thought the implied slur was the prostitution part.

Or, for the incredibly easily offended, “sex worker”

*inserts facepalm emoji*
I have never understood the Chelsea rent boys chant. It is offensive but why Chelsea? It just seems random. It has been sung since the 80s. I don’t get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.