Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
whether any Chelsea fans were, or should have been, offended, is not the point. The point is the rags were using a term that relates to sexuality as a slur. It is the intent to give offence, and the reason for it, that is objectionable.

still, if the hill you want to die on is defending rags singing homophobic songs, fill your boots.
I just think it’s a really weak example. There’s people in the off topic of this website who make jokes about each other selling their arses… I doubt any gay people are affected by that sort of joke.

As I’ve repeated, I think people (who aren't the actual minority) are now searching as hard as they can to deem something off limits and offensive.

It’ll be swearing at football next that’s deemed unacceptable.

I can’t remember the last time I went to City when the majority of the South Stand wasn’t singing Chelsea “rent boys”.

Maths isnt one of Jamie Jackson’s strengths by the state of this

34 - 17 = 27 , according to Jamie

Also by my reckoning, Haaland has scored 17 in 11 which is 1.54 per game

how does this stuff get printed !

As half of Haaland’s goals are tap ins, they only count for half a goal in Jamie Maths

whether any Chelsea fans were, or should have been, offended, is not the point. The point is the rags were using a term that relates to sexuality as a slur. It is the intent to give offence, and the reason for it, that is objectionable.

still, if the hill you want to die on is defending rags singing homophobic songs, fill your boots.
The fact that not one premier league footballer has ever come out as gay says it all. I am happy to take the piss out of opposition teams and their fans in just about any way I can but this one should be consigned to the bin.
No ones sexuality, colour of skin or religion should be used as a term of derision.

I just think it’s a really weak example. There’s people in the off topic of this website who make jokes about each other selling their arses… I doubt any gay people are affected by that sort of joke.

As I’ve repeated, I think people (who aren't the actual minority) are now searching as hard as they can to deem something off limits and offensive.

It’ll be swearing at football next that’s deemed unacceptable.

I can’t remember the last time I went to City when the majority of the South Stand wasn’t singing Chelsea “rent boys”.
if you think that it’s okay to use sexuality as a term of abuse there’s little point in having a discussion

This is the Guardian! What should (stress should) be a quality broadsheet with excellent writing and no mistakes (not saying I have ever been an avid reader). It shows you how far the journalist trade has fallen through being online and on social media. There is so much content nowadays, every single hour, that there is not a chance that every article is copy checked before publishing, so "journos" can now publish what they want without any fear of being fact checked, it then gets into the public domain and people will take what they want from the articles (through whatever lens they want). Basically to be a journalist you need to write whatever you want to tow the party line for your particular outlet as there is no real quality checking any more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.