Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the mid-60s we used to refer to Chelsea as the 'West End Arrivistes'.. footy 'bantz' in those days was much more nuanced and sophisticated than these crude, 'internet warrior' led times..(!!)

Oh I don't know.

The two seasons we pipped Liverpool to the league by a single point the South Stand chanted....

"To lose one Premier League may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness."

To the tune of Who's Sorry Now?

Haaland is the better striker but Liverpool did the better business because Nunez slots straight into their team, and City are weaker for losing Sterling and Jesus
Tbf I did think we would be, if not weaker, then about on a par this season after losing those two and Zin and with Mahrez and Silky a year older. Looks like we've done good business though.

Can't watch it from ROI, what's the gist?
One of them said Haaland is a better deal than Nunez for the money and as a striker but they both said Nunez was a better signing for Liverpool as he’s “ready made for them”.

Both said we’d finish below Liverpool because their business was better than ours and the woman said our transfer window wasn’t good because we let “consistent performers Sterling and Jesus go”.

Consistent? Fucking hell.

The fact that not one premier league footballer has ever come out as gay says it all. I am happy to take the piss out of opposition teams and their fans in just about any way I can but this one should be consigned to the bin.
No ones sexuality, colour of skin or religion should be used as a term of derision.
What about people who won't buy beer when it's their round?

And call out the same 3 clubs as klopp

"To equate what City and Paris Saint-Germain have done - and what Newcastle United intend to do - with what is possible for other clubs is an insult to everyone’s intelligence, no matter how much ‘net spend’ or salary figures are twisted."

Its like those 3 teams are the only teams with mega rich owners, he also intimates that we are cheating and cooking our books.
If Liverpool owners didn't take so much money out of the club, they are more than capable of competing with us financially, our income levels are very similar.
I'm pleased our club told him he wears red pompoms, he clearly does, why should he have free reign to slag us off, repeat bullshit lies and then expect exclusive interviews. In this article he accuses us of twisting our salary figures, the "kopites" will lap this up as usual. I wish our club would make a stronger stance, ask him to explain his defamatory comments under threat of legal recompense.
That's a very typical tactic in the article saying if you don't agree your insulting people's intelligence. Trying to shut the debate down so he doesn't have to back it up and show how little he grasps it.

One of them said Haaland is a better deal than Nunez for the money and as a striker but they both said Nunez was a better signing for Liverpool as he’s “ready made for them”.

Both said we’d finish below Liverpool because their business was better than ours and the woman said our transfer window wasn’t good because we let “consistent performers Sterling and Jesus go”.

Consistent? Fucking hell.
The narrative from the end of last season/start of this that Liverpool had a stronger squad than ours has gone quiet.

They can't compete now after having a few injuries is the latest excuse

Tbf I did think we would be, if not weaker, then about on a par this season after losing those two and Zin and with Mahrez and Silky a year older. Looks like we've done good business though.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but - good as they were, and even acknowledging how well Gabby has done at Arsenal - Alvarez and Haaland is a clear upgrade on Sterling and Jesus.

Mahrez does look off the pace - even Kev isn't hitting his usual heights just yet - but overall I think we're stronger.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but - good as they were, and even acknowledging how well Gabby has done at Arsenal - Alvarez and Haaland is a clear upgrade on Sterling and Jesus.

Mahrez does look off the pace - even Kev isn't hitting his usual heights just yet - but overall I think we're stronger.
Looks it so far, happy to be wrong if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.