Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember a report, by Peter Gardener in MEN Green, that read " There was a good following of United supporters here at Highbury today the ground is full of red and white scarves". Proves they have always had poor football writers at that paper.
You sure it was Peter in 'the Green'?

The 'Green' was predominantly the summer edition mainly about cricket.

The 'Pink' was the football paper and David Meek was the scum reporter, Peter was the City reporter.

I stand to be corrected

Depends a bit what part of the city you were in, but the Green’un was quite popular.
The Green was MEN and the Pink the Evening Chron, iirc.

The 'Pink' was the football paper and David Meek was the scum reporter, Peter was the City reporter.

I stand to be corrected
IIRC when the UEFA Cup final was held at our place, Meek was somehow allowed to write an article about football in Manchester for the programme, and used his bully pulpit to bitterly and shamelessly slag off City and our fans. Even though the final was at our ground

I stand to be corrected
Yes I am sure the Evening Chronicle was pink the MEN football paper was green maybe you are too young to remember

IIRC when the UEFA Cup final was held at our place, Meek was somehow allowed to write an article about football in Manchester for the programme, and used his bully pulpit to bitterly and shamelessly slag off City and our fans. Even though the final was at our ground
May his Fabricantesque wig rot in pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.