Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he say that he didn't think they had the technology to say one way or the other?

Bein's image is nonsense, as it shows the ball out by millimetres, yet they said it was based on combining their own camera angles. I know UEFA have calibrated cameras for offside and a chip in the ball, which I thought might have been used, but surely there's no way the broadcast cameras can ever be that accurate on their own?

Goal-line technology has 14 static cameras, with 7 pointed at each goal, just to look at a small section of the pitch. If Bein are suggesting that their camera angles are as accurate then that's got to be bullshit.

They can’t tell, and I’ll tell you why. The frames per second isn't fast enough. Nor is fast enough to determine hair line offsides. How do I know this? They told us after the FA Cup final vs Watford, when they could not determine if Jesus or Sterling had scored. They said they couldn’t tell if the ball had fully crossed the line, before Sterling put it in, because the frames per second weren’t fast enough. It wasn’t a particular fast shot either, which is why Sterling knocked it in, on the line, as it was bouncing slowly over. If they couldn’t determine that, they definitely couldn’t determine that throw in, nor can they determine, close offsides. They don’t know for certain, and therefore, realistically it should be awarded to the attacking team. But it isn’t always, and that’s what pisses people off.

Just to add, Madrid had far more incorrect ref decisions go in their favour than we did, fact. And last year, it was even worst, a complete joke. Fuck Real Madrid, the cheating bastards.

I see that Emery has won April’s MotM…with 5 wins, a draw and a loss in the PL, against Pep’s 5 wins out of 5 in the PL, which include 3 x 4-1 wins against the Victims, the Tarquins and Southampton, an FA Semi Final win and a win and a draw in the CL against Bayern…you really couldn’t make it up… https://www.premierleague.com/awards?at=1&aw=-1&se=489

I see that Emery has won April’s MotM…with 5 wins, a draw and a loss in the PL, against Pep’s 5 wins out of 5 in the PL, which include 3 x 4-1 wins against the Victims, the Tarquins and Southampton, an FA Semi Final win and a win and a draw in the CL against Bayern…you really couldn’t make it up… https://www.premierleague.com/awards?at=1&aw=-1&se=489
Didn’t even know he was employed

Didn't he say that he didn't think they had the technology to say one way or the other?
Wenger? Not in the clip I saw. I think the quote you are referencing was on the day of the game. This one is the day after:

So, the technology is called Piero and Richard says it's not definitive/100% accurate. Listen to Wenger though. I just wasn't aware this wasn't his first reaction to seeing it. That kind of makes it worse in my opinion.

He does understand why VAR couldn't go back/intervene and that there is no real time technology like there is goal line technology though. He wont admit it but he has a chip on his shoulder about City, you can feel the resentment coming through.

Last edited:
Wenger? Not in the clip I saw. I think the quote you are referencing was on the day of the game. This one is the day after:

So, the technology is called Piero and Richard says it's not definitive/100% accurate. Listen to Wenger though. I just wasn't aware this wasn't his first reaction to seeing it. That kind of makes it worse in my opinion.

He does understand why VAR couldn't go back/intervene and that there is no real time technology like there is goal line technology though. He wont admit it but he has a chip on his shoulder about City, you can feel the resentment coming through.

yes ,huge chip ,we stole his french players .you know the ones he stole from france

Regardless of whether the ball was in or out, Real Madrid re-gained and then lost possession, so the whole argument is irrelevant. Any media member still harping on about this is clearly anti-City by virtue of even asking the questions.

Regardless of whether the ball was in or out, Real Madrid re-gained and then lost possession, so the whole argument is irrelevant. Any media member still harping on about this is clearly anti-City by virtue of even asking the questions.
Exactly. They got the ball back, then chose to give it to us. Ta very much.
The rest is in the history books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.