Meeting players after training

Used to be a piece of piss back in the day at Platt Lane.
Was a piece of piss at Maine Road, if you knew which turnstile they kept unlocked for the stadium personnel!!

I used to watch the players do their running around the field and training on the pitch all the time!

IMG_3161.jpeg

Me and Dennis Tueart, who was my favorite player back then!

All the Chinese fans standing outside with half the city store waiting for signatures to flog on eBay ruin it for all those who genuinely just want a shirt signed. Just ask the security. It's a joke. Literally wait outside for hours with bags full

A few years back you would probably just head to the nearest boozer after training and you could well(allegedly) bump into a Dunne, Weaver, Kennedy, Whitley or Howey!!
Maybe not all at the same time though. (Obviously that lot are nowhere near the same level as the current lot but I did still like them all in their own way, 'pissheads' or not)
Being less disparaging about our former players 'leisure choices' in the old days at Maine Road you could just grab an autograph (pre: selfie days) as the players walked from the players car park by the Platt Lane to the main entrance before the game couldn't you.

A few years back you would probably just head to the nearest boozer after training and you could well(allegedly) bump into a Dunne, Weaver, Kennedy, Whitley or Howey!!
Maybe not all at the same time though. (Obviously that lot are nowhere near the same level as the current lot but I did still like them all in their own way, 'pissheads' or not)
Being less disparaging about our former players 'leisure choices' in the old days at Maine Road you could just grab an autograph (pre: selfie days) as the players walked from the players car park by the Platt Lane to the main entrance before the game couldn't you.
You might see Kyle though, helicoptering away.

If you try this on Saturday, just be certain of which cars you approach.
There is a chance you could meet the delightful Scouse chappie Carragher (aka spit the dog)
and then you could be in a world of fhlegm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.