Mehdi Benatia

CityStu said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
With the comments from Mangala I'd make this man our number one priority. Make it happen, Txiki.

I concur, and that was before Mangala's comments. Benatia's a better player IMO. No need to rush though as he won't be at the World Cup.

There's always a need to move quickly - Barca, Chelsea and Man Utd all have an interest according to papers. I think we've been caught short in the past with transfers phaffing around, I hope we don't go back to that!!

Would love to have him. From when I've watched (admittedly only 5-10 matches) he's been great. Would do well at our club.

With Mangala we don't need another "potentially" great defender, especially for 30 mill plus, we have Nasty and Rekik to fill those roles. Get Benny in fast!

TrueBlue1705 said:
CityStu said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
With the comments from Mangala I'd make this man our number one priority. Make it happen, Txiki.

I concur, and that was before Mangala's comments. Benatia's a better player IMO. No need to rush though as he won't be at the World Cup.

There's always a need to move quickly - Barca, Chelsea and Man Utd all have an interest according to papers. I think we've been caught short in the past with transfers phaffing around, I hope we don't go back to that!!

Quickly yes, but no rush. If we are interested then I'm sure his agent will know as such and he'll also know that we'd be a very profitable place to send his client. We shouldn't make a rash decision though. It may be that there are other players available that would be equally suitable targets.

CityStu said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
CityStu said:

Quickly yes, but no rush. If we are interested then I'm sure his agent will know as such and he'll also know that we'd be a very profitable place to send his client. We shouldn't make a rash decision though. It may be that there are other players available that would be equally suitable targets.

All I'm saying is we've been guilty of phaffing in the past, I think our board call it negotiating!! - Chelsea and PSG for example seem to get deals through quickly without too much fuss - Sometimes trying to negotiate the price down rubs the selling club up the wrong way and opens the door for other buying clubs!!

TrueBlue1705 said:
CityStu said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

All I'm saying is we've been guilty of phaffing in the past, I think our board call it negotiating!! - Chelsea and PSG for example seem to get deals through quickly without too much fuss - Sometimes trying to negotiate the price down rubs the selling club up the wrong way and opens the door for other buying clubs!!

I don't think we're that arsed about price - we just want to get the appropriate players in. Last season we spent a small fortune on Fernandinho and he's proved to be instrumental in midfield. Whoever we buy to play alongside Kompany, they'll be costing £20m - £30m so we need to get the right player in.

This is the target. I'm pretty sure Mangala has not heard from City since January.
Kolarov to go the other way I reckon.

BlueAnorak said:
This is the target. I'm pretty sure Mangala has not heard from City since January.

If a player is involved,i'd say it would be Nasty.

FantasyIreland said:
BlueAnorak said:

If a player is involved,i'd say it would be Nasty.

I've started to think that this'd be a bad idea since Nasty can be registered on the Champions League B list this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.