Mehdi Benatia

I odnt know how reliable that source is but in the last week Benatia seems to have gathered quite a bit of talk with us interested.

I wonder if we think Mangala is too expensive and we see more value for money (espcually with FFP sanctions) in going after Benatia.

sam-caddick said:
I odnt know how reliable that source is but in the last week Benatia seems to have gathered quite a bit of talk with us interested.

I wonder if we think Mangala is too expensive and we see more value for money (espcually with FFP sanctions) in going after Benatia.

Hes a better player....Mangala not worth it in IMO

sam-caddick said:

Mangala was surely a long term signing, someone the club feels could develop into a top defender. The keyword is could though, and at his price tag it just might be too risky.

Benatia is close to a sure-thing, only just turned 27 so he'll have several years at his peak ahead.

Kun Aguero said:
Mangala is 56% likely to join.
Benatia is 32% likely to join.
Another centre back is 12% likely to join.

I am 73.6% likely to question your probabilities.

this is exactly who we need to make our style deadlier than it already is. a big attack/defense player.

he is the closest to a Zabaleta in CB.

Theres a few important qualities we need in a CB this summer.

1) Skill with the ball at their feet, able to play out from the back
2) a lot of pace for playing high lines/recovering from attacking phase
3) Able to play left sided effectively
4) Long term option to keep stability at the back with Kompany

Whoever fits this bill closest, be it Mangala or Benatia, should be our priority.

I'd be surprised if we've suddenly decided Mangala is not worth it considering we knew his price in January and we willing to pay it, plus if current reports are to be believed his price will be much lower than expected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.